RemedySpot.com

Today's Groupon Chiropractic Deal--What's up with this?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Good afernoon, ListmatesI just received a Groupon email featuring a chiropractic 'deal'.Unless I am missing something, the 'deal' is a $49.00 or a $79.00 Groupon (as in that's all you pay) for $675.68 or $755.68 worth of services.That's a 93% discount.[Not sure how they arrived arrive at the .68?]They list the 'values' for all the component of the 'deal':Choose Between Two Options:$49 for a chiropractic package (up to a $675.68 total value)

A consultation, evaluation, and exam (up to a $207.84 value)Spinal x-rays if needed (up to a $213.81 value)15-minute fitness training and guided exercise session (up to a $53.81 value)Up to three adjustments (up to a $200.22 value)

$79 for a chiropractic-and-massage package (up to a $755.68 total value)

A consultation, evaluation, and exam (up to a $207.84 value)Spinal x-rays as needed (up to a $213.81 value)15-minute fitness training and guided exercise session (up to a $53.81 value)Up to three adjustments (up to a $200.22 value)60-minute therapeutic massage (an $80 value)I guess it's no one's business but theirs, but what one chiro office does reflects on all of us and on our profession as a whole.I found the 'total value' of an initial visit, regardless of the 'option' chosen, to be somewhat astounding. Or am I missing the boat? Is that what the rest of y'all are charging???What was more astounding then, was the 93% discount. Really? That makes ASH look like a great deal... I've never seen an MD offer more than a 50% discount... I've never seen a restaurant offer more than a 50% discount.I can hear someone saying to themselves, "So that's probably all that it's worth." Which devalues the treatments we offer by making them look like they are essential worthless.Or "Geez. I had NO idea it was SO EXPENSIVE to see a Chiropractor." Which makes us look shady or ridiculous, like how would anyone be able to afford Chiro care???And after the Groupon user has this initial visit and pays almost nothing for a lot of treatment, how is the chiro office going to present or explain the cost of a second or multiple visits? Extend the 'Groupon' rate for more great savings?? Or now it's going to cost a whole lot more? Must be pretty confusing to the Groupon 'patient'.I just don't get it. Again, maybe it's none of my business, but this does not sit well with me and I wonder how professional or ethical this seems to others??On the other hand, I guess it really IS my business and your business, as our patients will see this 'deal' would wonder what's up with chiropractors?Anyone?Ann , DC