RemedySpot.com

Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moron

Rate this topic

Guest guest

UGH... so sorry Donna. It is so frustrating to go backwards w/ progress. I think it's a good idea to get rid of what you can't use. I should take my own advice on the too high impact ones....Hang in there, hope it gets feeling better soon!

Drcy

Hi,

I must whine - I'm soooo mad at myself for doing that stupid ab work on that Exhale Core Fusion Pilates workout - it totally *)*()$%#%-up my back. I'm sooooooooo mad that I did this to myself, I really SHOULD know better. GRRR! My back is still so sore and stiff today - in my mid to lower back. UGH! Why do I do these things to myself? I couldn't even do a gentle Pilates workout today due to the pain, but I did walk on the TM gently for 2 miles. That seemed to help. I stretched a little, and when I can today, I'll use the heating pad. I have a chiro appointment scheduled for this afternoon and I'm hoping that he can help loosen up this mess that I created (he's gonna be mad at me, too, when I explain this one to him!) UGH!!!

Okay, time to move on - now that I got that off my chest. Looking on the bright spot, this is the push I think I needed to get rid of the other workouts in my collection that don't agree with me - I'm even going to get rid of T-Tapp since it messed up my back when I tried to do it a few months ago. Thinking of letting some of my Amy Bento workouts go - her cardio is too fast paced and uncontrolled for me to feel safe doing it with my back. I should look at this as a cleansing experience! I'm going to try to get some trades going for some stuff that will be useful and helpful (eyeing up Classical Stretch workouts, the new Callanatics supposedly doesn't use the pelvic tuck, etc.).

Still mad at myself, but moving on......

Take care,Donna (p.s., I'm also mad at myself b/c I allowed this setback to cause me to dive into a vat of chocolate last night!)

Thanks, Darcy! It is even worse when you know what you did and you did it to yoursefl! GGRRR!!

I have to take to the eye doctor today (she flunked her eye test at school) - so I share your "pain" with the dental apptmt! She is NOT going to like the eye drops, I just know it.....*SIGH*

Donna

Hi,

I must whine - I'm soooo mad at myself for doing that stupid ab work on that Exhale Core Fusion Pilates workout - it totally *)*()$%#%-up my back. I'm sooooooooo mad that I did this to myself, I really SHOULD know better. GRRR! My back is still so sore and stiff today - in my mid to lower back. UGH! Why do I do these things to myself? I couldn't even do a gentle Pilates workout today due to the pain, but I did walk on the TM gently for 2 miles. That seemed to help. I stretched a little, and when I can today, I'll use the heating pad. I have a chiro appointment scheduled for this afternoon and I'm hoping that he can help loosen up this mess that I created (he's gonna be mad at me, too, when I explain this one to him!) UGH!!!

Okay, time to move on - now that I got that off my chest. Looking on the bright spot, this is the push I think I needed to get rid of the other workouts in my collection that don't agree with me - I'm even going to get rid of T-Tapp since it messed up my back when I tried to do it a few months ago. Thinking of letting some of my Amy Bento workouts go - her cardio is too fast paced and uncontrolled for me to feel safe doing it with my back. I should look at this as a cleansing experience! I'm going to try to get some trades going for some stuff that will be useful and helpful (eyeing up Classical Stretch workouts, the new Callanatics supposedly doesn't use the pelvic tuck, etc.).

Take care,Donna (p.s., I'm also mad at myself b/c I allowed this setback to cause me to dive into a vat of chocolate last night!)

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}} donna i hope your dr. can help you. hey if you sign up with amazon or something you can sell your videos and get amazon giftcards(the stopped those for the temp but brought them back) so you can buy back friendly workouts!! although trading first would help but just a suggestion otherwise. sorry about your back. sounds a bit more serious b/c i have a back injury but rarely ever hurt it except at my stupdi #)%#*(*@@ job LOL well and tuck jumps but i modified those now. i am so worried about you though, pilates should help strengthen all those muscles and it seems it causes you much more pain and i hate to hear about buddies in pain. take care yourself and don't worry about the chocolate!!! i had plenty of peppermint stick ice cream

all last week to last me the month and i still bounced back so you will be just fine there.kassia ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don¢t want to impress people they don¢t like.-Will

UGH... I hate those eye drops! Are they really necessary. I used to skip them. I think they are looking for just one disease when they put them in... If it would be too traumatic for her, I'd wait until she's a bit older.

Best of luck anyway!Oh, and agreed about the back... I know exactly what caused it this last time for me too..... DUH..Darcy

Thanks, Darcy! It is even worse when you know what you did and you did it to yoursefl! GGRRR!!

I have to take to the eye doctor today (she flunked her eye test at school) - so I share your " pain " with the dental apptmt! She is NOT going to like the eye drops, I just know it.....*SIGH*

Donna

Hi,

Thanks, Kassia!!! Classical Pilates is usually very good for me - it hurt to do it today b/c my back is so tight and sore from what I did to it yesterday. The Exhale Core Fusion Pilates workout is NOT Pilates ab work (and not much in the way of Pilates for the other sections either) - it is more Lotte Berk ab work and that totally screws up my back and it is something I really should know not to do!

Take care,

Donna

Subject: Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moronTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 6:39 AM

{{{{{HUGS}}} }}} donna i hope your dr. can help you. hey if you sign up with amazon or something you can sell your videos and get amazon giftcards(the stopped those for the temp but brought them back) so you can buy back friendly workouts!! although trading first would help but just a suggestion otherwise. sorry about your back. sounds a bit more serious b/c i have a back injury but rarely ever hurt it except at my stupdi #)%#*(*@@ job LOL well and tuck jumps but i modified those now. i am so worried about you though, pilates should help strengthen all those muscles and it seems it causes you much more pain and i hate to hear about buddies in pain. take care yourself and don't worry about the chocolate!!! i had plenty of peppermint stick ice cream all last week to last me the month and i still bounced back so you will be just fine there.kassia

ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don¢t want to impress people they don¢t like.

-Will

k i see. i couldn't really tell from the clips but i assume exhale was a pilates type workout. yeah i traded bar method for that reason. the abs just HURT way to much. no matter how hard i followed their verbal cues on form it just really hurt! i kept callanetics just b/c i like the workout but i have to watch it with the abs. i was thinking of letting go my callanetics tapes too and just keep the book to do the leg work. kassia

Oh no Donna!!! I'm so sorry you had the experience! Hopefully the chiro can unmess you. I love, love, love your attitude though. You turned it around (after experimenting with the healing properties of chocolate, it does work but alas, not for long enough to make it really worth as much as most of us consume when we're hurting) to make it a learning experience and, like you said, maybe the push you needed to face what seems to be your reality about what works and doesn't for your back. You are awesome! You made a mistake but you're done beating yourself up (I hope) and moving on. Sometimes we do have to experiment too in order to see if something tht was difficult in the past still is. Sometimes it still is and sometimes we are happily surprised and it isn't anymore. Unfortunately, yours ended up on the negative side but you know better now and best of all, you're going to do something about it (at least you're moving in that direction). Good luck with the chiro and feel much better fast!!!

Hugs,

(who too often does what she knows she shouldn't do and pays the price later)

P.S. You are NOT a moron! :-)

Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moron

Hi,

Oh Donna, it pains me to hear about your back :( that must really

smart :( and you're probably wise to sell off the workouts that

aggravate this condition and just be surrounded by ones that are kind

to your body. Growing older is just the pits sometimes, I swear!

Hugs!

oh no donna, im so sorry to hear that pilates workout hurt your

back :(

soooo, what did the chiro say? i hope that he wasnt mad. i

wonder if a different doctor would be able to tell you what you

can and cannot not do... give more guidance fitness-wise.

better than trial and error. i will be looking for your post

tomorrow to see if you feel better,

:*carolyn.

Donna - I am so sorry your back hurts. I feel bad that I mentioned this workout to the group. My back is quirky too, but it certainly was not affected by the ab work. I hope it bounces back soon.

Kathy

From: exercisevideos [mailto:exercisevideos ] On Behalf Of Darcy LedmanSent: Wednesday, December 17, 2008 6:37 AMTo: exercisevideos Subject: Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moron

UGH... so sorry Donna. It is so frustrating to go backwards w/ progress. I think it's a good idea to get rid of what you can't use. I should take my own advice on the too high impact ones....Hang in there, hope it gets feeling better soon!Drcy

On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 5:32 AM, Donna M-P <donna112520> wrote:

Hi,

Hi Carolyn,

The workout was more Lotte Berk/Bar Method/Callanetics in the ab work that was done - it wasn't all that much Pilates-based (In fact, I'm not sure why "Pilates" is even in the title as I didn't see much in the way of it in this workout!) My chiro basically told me that no one should do that type of exercise - even someone with a "healthy back" (Now, he didn't see the exercise, but I described it to him). It is particularly bad for my condition, but apparently not good for back health in general to do ab work in the manner that they do it in this workout (with an exaggerated pelvic tuck/"C" shape to the spine). I find this all strange b/c I thought these workouts were created to address back issues. GRR! Anyway, going forward, I know better.

My chiro asked me to list out the exercises I want to do and he'll go over them w/ me. The trouble is, the list will be 10 pages long. I guess maybe I can give some generic ideas - like "step aerobics" "Cardio kickboxing" - general "weight training". Trouble is - I need time to put together a list.

My back seems to be coming around - it will take a few more days before it is back to where it was before I got silly w/ myself!

Take care!

Donna (ps. hope you escape the flu this year - my stomach has been upset on and off for a couple of days - nothing really bad...but not good either!)

Subject: Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moronTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:04 PM

oh no donna, im so sorry to hear that pilates workout hurt your back :(soooo, what did the chiro say? i hope that he wasnt mad. i wonder if a different doctor would be able to tell you what you can and cannot not do... give more guidance fitness-wise. better than trial and error. i will be looking for your post tomorrow to see if you feel better,:*carolyn.

THanks, ! I feel better about being a moron now! :)

Donna

Subject: Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moronTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 9:51 AM

Oh no Donna!!! I'm so sorry you had the experience! Hopefully the chiro can unmess you. I love, love, love your attitude though. You turned it around (after experimenting with the healing properties of chocolate, it does work but alas, not for long enough to make it really worth as much as most of us consume when we're hurting) to make it a learning experience and, like you said, maybe the push you needed to face what seems to be your reality about what works and doesn't for your back. You are awesome! You made a mistake but you're done beating yourself up (I hope) and moving on. Sometimes we do have to experiment too in order to see if something tht was difficult in the past still is. Sometimes it still is and sometimes we are happily surprised and it isn't anymore. Unfortunately, yours ended up on the negative side but you know better now and best of all, you're going to do something about it (at least you're

moving in that direction). Good luck with the chiro and feel much better fast!!!

Hugs,

(who too often does what she knows she shouldn't do and pays the price later)

P.S. You are NOT a moron! :-)

Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moron

Hi,

Donna,

As a personal trainer who has taped an exercise show with a back injury, I can honestly say that personal trainers/fitness instructors aren't your best option for knowing what is best for your back. You see, we have a tendency to show what works for us, and not necessarily what is right for all back injuries. I know I modify things based on my 2 herniated discs and messed up SI joint. I've avoided the tuck position in all exercises since I messed up the SI in 2001-2002, even the tucks in Turbo Jam and other cardio workouts, not just ab stuff. I just do something similar, or the same move without the tuck. Maybe you could modify the exercises that bother you and do them in a position that is better according to your chiropractor? At least that way you wouldn't have to give up some of your favorite workouts.

Tonya

Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moronTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:04 PM

oh no donna, im so sorry to hear that pilates workout hurt your back :(soooo, what did the chiro say? i hope that he wasnt mad. i wonder if a different doctor would be able to tell you what you can and cannot not do... give more guidance fitness-wise. better than trial and error. i will be looking for your post tomorrow to see if you feel better,:*carolyn.

Sounds like you've got a great doc there, Donna! Try working on the list just 15 minutes at a time, then it won't seem so overwhelming. When the timer goes off think of it as your permission to stop unless you really want to keep going.

(who needs to take this advice in cleaning up her disaster area basement)

Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moronTo: exercisevideos Date: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:04 PM

Hi Tonya,

Thanks for mentioning that - it is true, I will often recommend something that helped my back, but depending on what someone else's issue is - it could be bad for theirs. (Chiro and I talked about that today as well - consideirng I didn't exactly hit it off w/ him at the start, we're communicating much better these days - I think he didn't like what he felt were "random" questions on my part and he prefers me to write out questions - he also felt like I was cross examining him w/ follow-up questions. I suppose I can understand where he is coming from, I prefer not to be put on the spot, either - well, as long as he is responsive when I write stuff out - I'm fine, it also helps me to organize my thoughts better!)Take care!Donna

From: Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser <pvissercyg (DOT) net>Subject: Re: Can I whine, or I hate when I'm a moronTo: exercisevideos@ yahoogroups. comDate: Wednesday, December 17, 2008, 11:04 PM