RemedySpot.com

Buns of Steel 2000

Rate this topic

Guest guest

This is a Tamilee Webb workout and was a virgin for me. It is a 30 minute step workout. I've got a very busy day today so 30 minutes is all I wanted to give for my workout (I considered skipping it altogether but I really did have time for something so I made myself do this.) There's a warm-up, two short stepping routines and a cool-down/stretch. The first stepping routine has your step vertical to the TV and the 2nd has it horizontal but she gives you time to move it. Tamilee looks absolutely goofy with her hair up in one of those palm tree like pony tails (at the top of her head) and the regulation 80s or 90s style outfit but she sounds exactly like she does now, explains things very well and most of the time cues very well too so I quickly forgot how silly she looked and focused on the workout instead (though at first it sounded strange to hear her voice and familiar sayings coming from that odd looking head). The two workouts are very simple but for some reason I was totally screwed up today. It was definitely me. Her cueing was good, the moves were very repetitive and the combinations short and simple, but I still didn't get it. The whole problem was straddle step. I've always had trouble with it but I think she was doing it slightly different than I learned it too because my feet kept wanting to do one more step than hers and then my timing would be totally off for everything that came after it. Or maybe I still don't know how to do it right! :-) There is TONS of straddle step in here and you'd think that by the end, with that much of it, that I'd have gotten it down but I didn't. I even tried not doing the arms (which were also simple but a little different than what I'm used to so that messed me up too) but it didn't help a whole lot. I think, after I get the darn straddle step down that I'll be able to do this workout really well and that it will be a very effective short workout. Today was not so effective because I spent so much time yelling at the TV, trying to step, stopping and trying to figure out where she was and what she was doing, then trying to step again, repeat. I kept telling myself, the entire workout is 30 minutes, you have maybe 20 minutes of step, deal with it! :-) She really adds power towards the end of the 2nd workout too so if I were comfortable with the patterns I could too and it would be a very good workout for me I think. I have about 30 minutes for a workout tomorrow too and I'm seriously considering doing this again. It bugged me so much I couldn't seem to handle straddle with that much repetition! Maybe I'll be in a better place tomorrow (I wondered if I should not do a new to me step routine this morning, I should have trusted that tiny voice that wondered but wasn't sure). I'd really like to have this down and be able to pull it out for quick workouts.

I should say too this is very simple choreography but she shows it using jumps for over-the-top very shortly after introducing it and other moves are done with power towards the end without saying much about it (except urging you to put more power into it). She does not discuss modifying for low impact but the workout does start that way so you can continue with it. Also, she is incredibly encouraging. Telling you if you didn't get it this time to keep trying and you will. I didn't and I will keep trying and I will get it. This one seems worth the time and work.

Alright, off to conquer other things... hopefully more successfully the first time through! :-)

Hi Carolyn!

Yes, that's it! I think it helps. I understand how the step works. The biggest problem is my motor memory I think. It seemed really slow to kick in yesterday! I was going to try it again today but ended up doing a ton of stuff, including grocery shopping in advance of a serious winter storm coming tomorrow, today before work part 1 (I work an early afternoon class and then 2 more a few hours later on Thursdays). I am planning to workout tomorrow and might do this again then. Thanks for trying to help me!

Re: Buns of Steel 2000

DeWolf wrote:>The whole problem was straddle step. hi nancy, is this it? maybe this will help a little bit,http://www.turnstep.com/Moves/Straddle.html:*carolyn.