RemedySpot.com

Re: Clearing Impactions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

know this topic has been discussed ad infinitum but I I just want to ask, has anyone actually managed to clear an impaction with anything that wasn't a prescription?

>>Yes me with Sam, copius doses of Peptizyde enzymes - as in 15-20 per day (we came of GFCF and I was nervous hence mega dosing). I didn;t know then what was happening was shifting the impaction but since I had lessons with Caroline I know now thats what it was, lumps, mucous, black lumps, specs, tarry looking stuff, sandy stuff, black balls, green, yellow and voila on day 10 his first normal poop, we never looked back, I know we are lucky

Mandi x

PS Putrid yellow liquid acidic overflow prior to that, only time I Have been aware that we had consitpation was during first course of Culturelle, deemed to be a yeast die off type constipation

PPS Did you try the s yet?

Ah, thanks for that. I had stopped the Peptizyde a while back, I'll start that up again as soon as I finish this email.

We are being advised by my paediatric surgeon BIL that we must use an enema on him each day until the impaction clears. He deals with impactions all the time and he says this is what he has found to be the best. I think I will try it tomorrow, as much as I don't want to. If takes it too badly then I guess we'll have to stop, he's actually not that bad with suppositories so I'm hoping it won't be too awful.

Thanks for the s, He drank it all! I didn't notice any change but he's really badly bunged up right now, worse than he ever has been in his life. I am going to order some from the US as it seems like a good product. Do you know why doesn't recommend it?

Thx,

Darla

In a message dated 20/01/2008 15:28:15 GMT Standard Time, rexel45aol writes:

know this topic has been discussed ad infinitum but I I just want to ask, has anyone actually managed to clear an impaction with anything that wasn't a prescription?

>>Yes me with Sam, copius doses of Peptizyde enzymes - as in 15-20 per day (we came of GFCF and I was nervous hence mega dosing). I didn;t know then what was happening was shifting the impaction but since I had lessons with Caroline I know now thats what it was, lumps, mucous, black lumps, specs, tarry looking stuff, sandy stuff, black balls, green, yellow and voila on day 10 his first normal poop, we never looked back, I know we are lucky

Mandi x

PS Putrid yellow liquid acidic overflow prior to that, only time I Have been aware that we had consitpation was during first course of Culturelle, deemed to be a yeast die off type constipation

PPS Did you try the s yet?

thanks very much, Steph, can you tell me, is the movicol on prescription? If so, was it a gp who prescribed it? Also, can you buy paed enemas in chemists or did you need an rx for them too?

Darla

it takes a while bt we've done it (prior to endocscopy) with:cutting out all vegdrinking lots of wateradding movicol and oxypowder at increasing dosesadding sennatwo x simple enema (i.e. not the slow drip one the quick squirt one,but twice)result - entirely clean from top to toe. Took almost a week!!!Steph x

Thanks for the s, He drank it all! I didn't notice any change but he's really badly bunged up right now, worse than he ever has been in his life. I am going to order some from the US as it seems like a good product. Do you know why doesn't recommend it?

>>She Rx Aloe Vera for soothing and healing properties I think and says the distilled is no good for that. People I know that have had success use it for motility and softening and it is very good for that, maybe the other I don't know.

Mandi x

it takes a while bt we've done it (prior to endocscopy) with:

cutting out all veg

drinking lots of water

adding movicol and oxypowder at increasing doses

adding senna

two x simple enema (i.e. not the slow drip one the quick squirt one,

but twice)

result - entirely clean from top to toe. Took almost a week!!!

Steph x

>

> Hi All,

> I know this topic has been discussed ad infinitum but I I just want

to ask,

> has anyone actually managed to clear an impaction with anything that

wasn't a

> prescription? And to those of you who did manage with a

prescription, what

> were you given?

>

> I've done mega doses of Oxypowder and Senna but all we've had was what

> looked like lots of overflow and a bit of old dried matter but

nothing like i'd

> expect. is much happier with this but nothing today and I'm

getting

> concerned.

>

> I've stopped all iron supplementation which has contributed to this.

Also,

> this started with getting a vomiting bug which lasted over a

week (I can

> only assume it was the Norovirus as it was during the high time of

that).

> Unfortunately for him, he never had loose stools with the virus, he

didn't eat

> for a week but he also never once pooed in the whole week and he's had

> trouble ever since then. I suspect the dehydration led to an impaction.

>

> Any advice appreciated.

>

> Thanks,

> Darla

>

YOu can get movicol from a GP, you might also be able to just

purchase. I'm not convinced it's so great, frankly. But it's widely

available and as a treatment for constipation in children and adults.

it's not spasmodic, hence popular. HOwever, Tom didn't clear until the

senna and enema....

enema was just a squirty bottle administered at the hospital,

literally. Not very dignified but pretty effective.

S x

>

>

> thanks very much, Steph, can you tell me, is the movicol on

prescription?

> If so, was it a gp who prescribed it? Also, can you buy paed

enemas in

> chemists or did you need an rx for them too?

>

> Darla

>

> In a message dated 20/01/2008 16:34:21 GMT Standard Time,

> mark.grabiec@... writes:

>

> it takes a while bt we've done it (prior to endocscopy) with:

>

> cutting out all veg

> drinking lots of water

> adding movicol and oxypowder at increasing doses

> adding senna

> two x simple enema (i.e. not the slow drip one the quick squirt one,

> but twice)

>

> result - entirely clean from top to toe. Took almost a week!!!

>

> Steph x

>

aloe vera is not SCD legal, which is a real pain as it's very soothing

and cooling

>

>

> In a message dated 20/01/2008 15:51:00 GMT Standard Time, rexel45@...

> writes:

>

> Thanks for the s, He drank it all! I didn't notice any change

but

> he's really badly bunged up right now, worse than he ever has been

in his life.

> I am going to order some from the US as it seems like a good

product. Do

> you know why doesn't recommend it?

>

>

>

> >>She Rx Aloe Vera for soothing and healing properties I think and

says the

> distilled is no good for that. People I know that have had success

use it for

> motility and softening and it is very good for that, maybe the other

I don't

> know.

>

> Mandi x

>

Hi Darla

You can buy enama's from www.nutri-gold.com. They are supposed to be a good company and sell a booklet on howto do enemas as well as enema kits. However, on a child as young as , it would be advisable to have the proceedure in hospital. Sofia developed a mega rectum and impaction last November and we took her to hospital for an enema. It was a pretty nasty procedure - they had to sedate her so she was aware of what was happening but too sleepy to resist - but it was very effective, much more so than all the huge doses of movicol and oxy we were giving her. We were out of the hospital within 4 hours. Also, these laxatives soften the stool but do not give the urge to go to the toilet. We had to give Sofia sodium picosulphate for 3 weeks as it creates the urge (but can cause cramps). It is prescription based.

Rabab

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: rexel45@...Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 11:38:17 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Clearing Impactions

thanks very much, Steph, can you tell me, is the movicol on prescription? If so, was it a gp who prescribed it? Also, can you buy paed enemas in chemists or did you need an rx for them too?

Darla

In a message dated 20/01/2008 16:34:21 GMT Standard Time, mark.grabiecntlworld writes:

it takes a while bt we've done it (prior to endocscopy) with:cutting out all vegdrinking lots of wateradding movicol and oxypowder at increasing dosesadding sennatwo x simple enema (i.e. not the slow drip one the quick squirt one,but twice)result - entirely clean from top to toe. Took almost a week!!!Steph x

Everything in one place. All new Windows Live!

Rabab,

Thanks for this info - I didn't see any paediatric enemas there on that site - do they sell paed ones?

Also, did your GP prescribe the sodium picosulphate?

How did you get the referral to the hospital for an enema?

Thanks very much, sounds like you've done a lot of work with Sophie. I hope things are going well.

Darla

Hi DarlaYou can buy enama's from www.nutri-gold.com. They are supposed to be a good company and sell a booklet on howto do enemas as well as enema kits. However, on a child as young as , it would be advisable to have the proceedure in hospital. Sofia developed a mega rectum and impaction last November and we took her to hospital for an enema. It was a pretty nasty procedure - they had to sedate her so she was aware of what was happening but too sleepy to resist - but it was very effective, much more so than all the huge doses of movicol and oxy we were giving her. We were out of the hospital within 4 hours. Also, these laxatives soften the stool but do not give the urge to go to the toilet. We had to give Sofia sodium picosulphate for 3 weeks as it creates the urge (but can cause cramps). It is prescription based.Rabab

Hi

No - they don't specifically sell paed ones - I am not sure if paed ones are any different from adult ones. We had the procedure done at Cromwell Hospital privately. Our GP refused to xray Sofia but if you can convince yours to xray and it shows that he is very loaded, the GP ought to give a referral for an enema (it is the only really effective way to clear a blockage in the rectum) and may prescibe the sodium pico. It is a strong laxative but very effective for short term use.

BW

Rabab

To: Autism-Biomedical-Europe From: rexel45@...Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2008 09:12:16 -0500Subject: Re: Re: Clearing Impactions

Rabab,

Thanks for this info - I didn't see any paediatric enemas there on that site - do they sell paed ones?

Also, did your GP prescribe the sodium picosulphate?

How did you get the referral to the hospital for an enema?

Thanks very much, sounds like you've done a lot of work with Sophie. I hope things are going well.

Darla

In a message dated 20/01/2008 21:46:24 GMT Standard Time, rabab_abedihotmail writes:

Hi DarlaYou can buy enama's from www.nutri-gold.com. They are supposed to be a good company and sell a booklet on howto do enemas as well as enema kits. However, on a child as young as , it would be advisable to have the proceedure in hospital. Sofia developed a mega rectum and impaction last November and we took her to hospital for an enema. It was a pretty nasty procedure - they had to sedate her so she was aware of what was happening but too sleepy to resist - but it was very effective, much more so than all the huge doses of movicol and oxy we were giving her. We were out of the hospital within 4 hours. Also, these laxatives soften the stool but do not give the urge to go to the toilet. We had to give Sofia sodium picosulphate for 3 weeks as it creates the urge (but can cause cramps). It is prescription based.Rabab

Everything in one place. All new Windows Live!