RemedySpot.com

Weekend workouts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

It's been a busy weekend but I have managed to fit in shorter workouts. I am currently re-doing my dining room so I have been helping my DH scrape and remove wallpaper. Talk about a great upper body workout! I am also helping my youngest create a 3-D mountain side landscape for an English project that is due Wednesday (why do teachers love to assign projects like this before a holiday? This is the third one this month!).

Friday I did Walk Away the Pounds 3 Really Fast Miles. Yesterday I did Sara Ivanhoe's Fat Burning Yoga as my body was really cramped and aching from all of the wall paper work, not to mention cleaning the mess from the floor. Today I plan a strength workout before getting the dining room ready for paint and working with Tony on his mountain. I am so looking forward to having a four day weekend next week! I was going to have to work on Friday (hospitals are always open) but due to the economy, it was decided to make employees in the non-clinical departments take the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's off to ensure everyone takes at least 40 hours of PTO (paid time off) by the end of the year. I am all over that one! I even purchased back 40 hours of PTO this year for the first time so that I will have money for Christmas. I am doing NO charging.

Kathy

Great workouts, Kathy! We have had rumors on and off about being furloughed - one of the days was supposedly going to be the day after Thanksgiving, but we haven't heard anything and I think the union requires 30 days notice before a furlough day. In a sick way, I was kind of hoping for it - even though we don't get paid for furlough days it would be nice to have an extra day off. I could live w/ a couple of furlouhed days, but if it got to be a week or more that would hurt the paycheck too much!

I'm planning a much lower key Christmas season due to the economy and just generally being tired of "excess". Last year my DD got so much stuff between us and other relatives that I think she actually got tired of opening presents, plus, there are still a couple of things that she got for her birthday that are still in shrinkwrap - she cetainly doesn't need more stuff and I don't need the stress of paying for it or figuring out where to store it. I do finally have her on board to give away some of the toys she doesn't play w/ any more. I'm tired of clutter!!

Take care,

Donna

Subject: Weekend workoutsTo: exercisevideos , firmies4life , fitfirmies , CatheFans , slimin6 Date: Sunday, November 23, 2008, 8:37 AM

It's been a busy weekend but I have managed to fit in shorter workouts. I am currently re-doing my dining room so I have been helping my DH scrape and remove wallpaper. Talk about a great upper body workout! I am also helping my youngest create a 3-D mountain side landscape for an English project that is due Wednesday (why do teachers love to assign projects like this before a holiday? This is the third one this month!).

Friday I did Walk Away the Pounds 3 Really Fast Miles. Yesterday I did Sara Ivanhoe's Fat Burning Yoga as my body was really cramped and aching from all of the wall paper work, not to mention cleaning the mess from the floor. Today I plan a strength workout before getting the dining room ready for paint and working with Tony on his mountain. I am so looking forward to having a four day weekend next week! I was going to have to work on Friday (hospitals are always open) but due to the economy, it was decided to make employees in the non-clinical departments take the day after Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's off to ensure everyone takes at least 40 hours of PTO (paid time off) by the end of the year. I am all over that one! I even purchased back 40 hours of PTO this year for the first time so that I will have money for Christmas. I am doing NO

charging.

Kathy