RemedySpot.com

OT: DH back in hospital

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Well, my scrapbooking/restoration weekend didn't quite go as planned... first though, DH is okay, we're still trying to find out exactly what is going on but he's not in any danger. Here's the story: Wednesday DH was feeling kind of crappy. Thursday he had a really high fever and felt lousy but we were mostly able to bring down with Tylenol so I wasn't sure what to do at all. Friday, the day I was going to leave, he was feeling good except for a back ache but no fever all day long so he told me to go ahead and meet up with my friends Saturday. His mom agreed it should be fine. I left Saturday around 8:30 AM and there'd been no fever since 1:30 AM Friday. At 6:30 PM finally got a message (my cell phone wasn't picking up where I was) that he was sick and calling his mom, he'd called at about 4 PM. I called home and found out she called his doc and was told to take him to the ER at a local hospital. My best friend drove me there (about 1 1/2 hours away) with another friend driving ahead of us so that she could take BFF back to the hotel. Last night they thought it was probably a urinary tract infection and that is what they are still thinking it probably is but they're doing a ton of different tests to be sure. The good news is though that his kidneys seem fine. His creatinine level (the one we've been watching) rose very slightly but that is probably due to dehydration from the fever (I did not know it until now but apparently with a high fever, it doesn't matter how much water you pour in a person, they're still going to burn it off faster than you can replace it) but the kidney doc thought it would come back down with rehydration. It is not a significant elevation and they're not expecting anything worse but are watching it.

Anyway, the docs thought he'd be let out last night but his fever just isn't going away completely (it was 101.0 at about 12 PM today, they gave him Tylenol and should be check it again in the next 30-60 minutes I think) and he still has pain in his back and neck though it is better. He's been sleeping most of the day. Hopefully, they'll let him go tomorrow... we'll see though... please keep him (Dave) in your prayers. Thank you!