RemedySpot.com

CAROLYN Re: again no workout :(

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , I have several medical sign language dictionaries that I use, however there isn't a sign for every medical term so in that case I would have to fingerspell the word. If the term comes up over and over again I work with the student to come up with a short cut way of signing that so that my fingers don't get worn-out from spelling it and so my student's eyes don't get tired for seeing it! LOL Every country has their own sign language but Canada does use American Sign Language except in Quebec where they have a separate sign language. ASL (American Sign Language) would use the same grammar all over the US and parts of Canada however some of the signs will be different which is kind of like our accents - Southern, Boston, New York

etc.... I still haven't dove in volleyball yet cuz of my incision (wil soon, I hope!) but I was more concerned about being able to run for the ball, that's why I stayed home. Ready for snow on Friday? Jen nancydewolf wrote: Hey Jen, OT question for you... for interpreting things like anatomy or physiology or whatever specialized class like that, do you have to learn specialized signs that are not normally used in conversation? It occurred to me because a long time ago I had to call an auto supplier in Mexico and talk with them about a project we were doing but I didn't know the Spanish for a lot of the terminology and it was frustrating (thankfully the guy I was working with spoke good enough English that we were able to get the information we needed!). I don't know a

lot about American sign language (is there French sign language and German sign language, etc. too?) so just got curious. Anyway, on topic again, I'll look forward to hearing about what you end up doing instead of volleyball. I would imagine with as much diving, pivoting and jumping as you have to do in volleyball that it could be rough on sore knees. (also in gloomy Michigan, but at least it has stopped raining... we actually had a brief thunderstorm and a tornado watch here last night, in January! I heard twisters did hit elsewhere, even causing 2 deaths, that is horrible and so bizarre for January.) CAROLYN Re: again no workout :( Hi Carolyn, sorry to hear about your day! I'm sure after reading my post from yesterday that you can see we BOTH had bad days. And your poor boy Chinock, I feel bad for him! Are you going to use tomato juice to get him de-skunked? It's gloomy here and rained most of the night and a lot this morning. Anyway, the muscle in my leg got better but now I'm getting a nice bruise from where I hit the videotape cabinet! OUCH. My knee is aching a lot but I think it's from the weather and the bruise. I have to miss my volleyball league tonight because I don't want to take any chances of injuring it worse. I'm still planning to workout today but later....I'm tired. I had an A/P class to interpret this morning. The agency told me biology but it isn't simple biology it is Anatomy and Physiology I. I get to interpret it two days a week for 2 hours ALONE. Plus I'm interpreting the lab (2 hours) on Tuesdays. But I actually like the class and have

interpreted for that teacher before. Next time you don't want to exercise try doing something even if it's just stretching. Who has been exercising now and now can preach to people! LOL, Jen A little knowledge is

dangerous Festival City Concrete/ & Carolyn Visser <pvissercyg (DOT) net> wrote: i really dont know why im posting, because i did not do a workout again today! ugh!!!instead i spent six frigging hours sitting in the waiting room at the car repair place.i did walk down the road for, oh, 10 mins ! or so to get a coffee, but that was all.i didnt want to leave because the guy kept telling me they wouldnt be long! grrrr!it was good that i took my car in though, because 5 mechanics came out of the shop to tell me that the car was too dangerous to drive. the tread had blown on one tire and it was flopping around, and the u-joint on that side was toast. thank goodness i made it there

ok, as i drove for 20 mins on this bad tire through thick pea soup fog to get there. of course they said i needed to buy 2 new tires and not just 1, so $500 later my ride was finally fixed. oh, but i still had to do the grocery shopping. by the time i got home and put the groceries away, the kids were all over me, so i have been trying to feed them and entertain them ever since. now it is finally their bedtime but i dont feel like working out now :(im going to have to work hard for the rest of this week, so i can accomplish some sort of weekly goals.also, i ate poorly again today.... had fast food... WAH!i let chinook out into the yard this evening and he got skunked! man, what a crappy day... i really need to make tomorrow better... i think that it will be, especially if i can de-stink the dog!:*carolyn.