RemedySpot.com

Re: Intro/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi ,Thank you so much! I don't know the full story on your DH, but I saw that he has UC? My husband had this too many years ago. Back then, the only way they treated it was to do radical surgery. I hope your DH will recover fully. I imagine there are better ways to treat it now.Congratulations on keeping the weight off! That's no mean feat. It takes focus and dedication. A little more background on me: my top weight was 196 back in 2001. It was in pretty crummy shape and felt really sick all the time. I was inactive. I dusted off my Firm Classics and got moving. I got down to 130 by losing about 2 pounds a month over a long period of time. I did it by posting in a similar email list, and by keeping a food diary and lots of spreadsheet data.Right now I'm sitting at 150, but have recently found the motivation to get back into my normal range, which is in the 130's. Although I've regained a bit of weight, I'm still so much healthier than I was before I started exercising and eating well. I rarely get sick now. I eat my veggies!I like to eat whole foods, although when I'm not logging my food, I have a strong tendency to overeat. So for me, logging is the way to go. Without exception, whenever I've stopped logging food and exercise, the weight has crept back on. Lesson learned. Right now I've set up a goal of one pound a week in order to get back into my healthy weight range. I'm logging all my food and exercise. For food, I'm using calorieking.com because I can access it on my blackberry. It makes it easy for me to log everything. I track exercise data on a spreadsheet.It takes some work to log all this stuff, but it keeps me focused upon my goals. This time I wont stop logging when I reach goal.Nice to meet you!Hi ! Just wanted to post a quick welcome! I'm from Michigan. I've got a DH that has been causing me major stress lately (but I love him dearly anyway and wouldn't trade him for the world) and 2 kids (7 yo girl and 10.5 yo boy) who for some reason aren't stressing me so much lately! I'm a Weight Watchers leader and receptionist (lost 25 pounds 2+ years ago plus a lot of other times but this is the first time I've kept it off for real) so you'll hear me pipe in on food-related issues quite a bit. I love working out with videos and they have been the only thing that has kept me going consistently on the exercise thing. This group has been and continues to be hugely motivating for me too. I hope you'll post your workouts often and share in the fun with all of us! IntroHi,I'm new here. I have been using exercise videos since the originalFIRM came out. I had been on a couple of other email lists until Ijust got so busy that I couldn't post. In the last couple of years,daily cycling was my primary exercise because it was my commute. Ialso ran a few 5K races and a progressive marathon in the past year.What I found was that I personally need far more variety in order tostay in one piece! I really hurt an ankle in the process. I now have a new job and a super short commute (blocks), so I'm backto my beloved exercise videos while the ankle improves. Why did I everleave you, my videos??? ;)I'm here because nobody I know understands that videos are anexcellent way to stay in shape, and nobody I know gets my enthusiasmover them. I need to be around vidiots. :) I need a place to post mydaily workout!