RemedySpot.com

Those Gold's Gym kettlebells at Walmart? Don't bother.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

:-P I wish I'd taken the time to actually the thing before I discarded the box. I bought it back before

Thanksgiving, and hadn't tried it in an actual workout till today. I bought one of the 15 lb Gold's Gym Kbs at Walmart, and when I actually tried using the thing, I realized that the handle is too small to get all ten fingers around it when doing two-hand swings or passes. And I have very small hands!

I switched to my 20 lb GoFit Kb (from Target) for the rest of the workout (Iron Core vol 1) and it worked out well, though a bit too heavy for the number of reps of overhead presses in the vid. I'm very happy with the GoFit kb, and may go ahead and buy a 15 lb one in that brand. At least the Gold's Gym one will make a good doorstop/window-propper, and to be fair, it's ok for one-hand moves.

Just be sure to not make the same mistake I did, and make sure the handle fits *both* hands on any kb you purchase! LOLTess-- "The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! "

~Marvin ~ " And she'd had lucky eyes and a high heart, and wisdom that caught fire, at need, like the dried flax and made her beautiful and fierce, sudden and laughing. " " The Old Age of Queen Maeve " Yeats

Thanks for the warning Tess. I know there are a lot of variance on kettlebells. I picked to go with Aders because of the awesome reviews, and havent' looked back since. I love them.Darcy

:-P I wish I'd taken the time to actually the thing before I discarded the box. I bought it back before

Thanksgiving, and hadn't tried it in an actual workout till today. I bought one of the 15 lb Gold's Gym Kbs at Walmart, and when I actually tried using the thing, I realized that the handle is too small to get all ten fingers around it when doing two-hand swings or passes. And I have very small hands!

I switched to my 20 lb GoFit Kb (from Target) for the rest of the workout (Iron Core vol 1) and it worked out well, though a bit too heavy for the number of reps of overhead presses in the vid. I'm very happy with the GoFit kb, and may go ahead and buy a 15 lb one in that brand. At least the Gold's Gym one will make a good doorstop/window-propper, and to be fair, it's ok for one-hand moves.

Just be sure to not make the same mistake I did, and make sure the handle fits *both* hands on any kb you purchase! LOLTess-- " The difference between try and triumph is just a little umph! "

~Marvin ~ " And she'd had lucky eyes and a high heart, and wisdom that caught fire, at need, like the dried flax and made her beautiful and fierce, sudden and laughing. " " The Old Age of Queen Maeve " Yeats