RemedySpot.com

Town Hall meeting with Chair of Senate Health Comm.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi everyone,

I attended the Town Hall meeting Monday night, with Senator Monnes , the chair of the Senate Health committee. Sharron Fuchs was there as well. We were the only 2 DCs in the crowd of about 40 folks. One agenda item the Senator covered was SB 1580, this covers the non-discrimination language for the new CCOs. Senator M-A was supportive of this language and the bill. She confirmed that the senate is wanting to hear from more constituents (namely patients) on how this plan will be carried out. She also confirmed that there will be a task force formed to have oversight on the CCOs and was interested in getting lay public input as well as professional opinions.

I would urge all of you to sign up for email from your local senators and representatives so you can attend the local town halls to voice your concern. The more our law makers hear from us the better we can be served. Although it would be great to both be a member of the OCA and attend these meetings; I realize some don't have time to do that. I would urge you to at least, support for your profession's advancement by joining the OCA, our state association.

Thanks Sharron, for taking time to show up.

Minga Guerrero DC

abowoman@...