RemedySpot.com

, Knees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Yes, age can have an effect and if it was an injury to the joint at some point, then it can develop a little arthritis that is aggrivated by exercise too. I'm only 35 but after having 2 knee surgeries, my left knee is arthritic. A lot of that can be overcome with the right strengthening exercises for the muscles surrounding the knee (leg extensions, 30% leg extensions, hamstring curls, etc) but you may still always experience some discomfort on certain things. I can squat a ton of weight or teach kickboxing and beginner step, for example, but if I put the treadmill on an incline or try a stair climber or treadclimber, I have to ice my knee that night because it swells and hurts. Even with a lot of strengthening, there are areas that will always be effected more by the injury, so I just modify those things. It's terrible to get old, huh?

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

Re: thursday:cardio pump> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > wow i have actually had 4 workouts in the past couple of weeks!! > aerobics class rocked today. (the instructor also teaches the one and > only turbo kick class--which is in the late afternoon so i don't know > if i will be able to get there anytime soon...) i pushed myself a > little more today to see how much my knee can handle. there were lots > of squating!! i really love the jumping jacks. stil trying to feel the > movements in my core and glutes. anyway i'm going to step class on > saturday morning. hoping to get some ana & ravi in if at all possible.> stacey>