RemedySpot.com

Re: Arctic Greetings from PDX

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Sending some of my 80 degree South Georgia heat to warm up that gym!

Tonya

Arctic Greetings from PDX

Wintry Greetings, Workout Warriors!

As you may or may not know, it is freezing in Portland. We are not used to having snow and ice, so it's been a fun chaos. We didn't have to go to work yesterday, and I'm guessing we'll have at least one more day off this week. It's been in the teens where I live at night.

On Sunday before the big snow hit I taught class and was honored that 13 people showed up, because by the time my class started there was a good inch of snow on the ground and when we left it was coming down hard! I received the new Turbo Kick round in the mail, Round 35, so I imagine I will do this at home this week to help learn the new routine prior to teaching it.

Monday was a snow day off from work for us so I watched Season 4 of Lost and didn't get any formal exercise in, but Donna I did watch Kari 's Angles, Lines and Curves 2, which I think you gave me (THX!)

It looks PERFECT for me! No equipment needed, foot friendly, all pilates, yoga, and ballet inspired moves. I look forward to doing it in my living room! , I know what you mean now by dreading going into a freezing cold basement to work out in the winter; I have a space heater in my my gym/garage, but at these arctic temps I imagine it will be pretty ineffectual. Regular winter weather, no problem, but this is something else! Brrr to the bone!

Life as an omnivore is turning out to be an adventure! I had a tuna fish sandwich and 's chicken noodle soup for the first time in 13.5 years. Both were orgasmically delicious! They taste as good as I remembered them to be!

These foods keep me full for a long time compared with most vegan dishes I was eating, and I'm wondering if I will build more muscle now if I pump iron 2-3 days a week? We'll see. I've cut down on snacking as a result. These foods have a high satiety. I feel full sooner and longer.

I don't have internet at home except for my phone so I'm really behind on posts but will try and catch up later.

Hope you are all staying warm!

Love,