RemedySpot.com

TAMARA Re: Sore Knees

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Tamara, if you knees hurt when you are doing squats then you are probably doing them wrong. Make sure to stick your butt out rather than bending your knees forward past your ankles. OR you could be just going down to far when you do them, try not going down as far. As for lunges, don't bend your knee as far when you go down. I have horrible knees, arthritis and arthritic spurs under my left kneecap. I have learned how to modify exercises so that I can strenghten my legs without making my knees worse. Jen Tamara Marchi wrote: I've been enjoying the kickboxing bootcamp which includes a whole lot of squats and lunges. My knees hurt quite a bit when I do these. I mean the actual joint, not muscle soreness. I wonder if I am doing damage rather than doing something good for my body? They are alright on the plies. The pain is not so bad I have to stop what I am doing, but it worries me. I definitely want to protect and improve my knees. Does anyone have any thoughts on what types of pain mean progress and what types of pain indicate a problem? If the knee pain is a bad thing, how should I modify my

exercises?Thanks!Tamara