RemedySpot.com

CoreBox 1 / Rodney Yee Strength Building Yoga Session 1 / Slim in Six Pack

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi All!Knee still slightly twangy so I'm avoiding Debbie. I started the evening with a flawless run of the first half of CoreBox, so I'll probably do the first half of that this weekend and then the second half of class will be Turbo Kick Round 23 so we have the new with the familiar. I did this for around 35 minutes.For strength, I picked a virgin: Rodney Yee Strength Buliding Yoga, Session 1, which was 45 minutes long. Another winner! This is similar to Yoga Burn in that you move slowly through the poses, but there is a more of a goal in mind with each series. This is an intermediate practice. The first part of the practice is slowly going through vinyasa, no warrior poses surprisingly! You hold downdog at one point for either 2 or 5 minutes. He mentioned both, and it sure felt more like 5! The planks and updogs weren't held as long however. Included in the flow later on were triangle and

side angle stretch. The next part of the practice were inversions. FUN FUN FUN! You start by holding downdog again for awhile, then you move to your forearms to build up strength for shoulderstand. You go back and forth between these two poses, which felt great to me because my calves and legs are tight so this was also a terrific stretch as well as a strength builder. Next you get out blankets and a chair to work on plough pose. Kewl man! You put your head and shoulders on the blankets while you flip your feet over your head onto the chair, preparing for shoulderstand independent of the chair. Nice! I had to take a couple of breaks but was able to do it. After that are held bridge poses, and an almost non-existent shavasana. I think this is a mix and match from a longer practice of his diced up to make this dvd, but the background is the same. Before the practice starts there is a

LONG scene of Rodney doing VERY difficult poses. It was neat to watch him do them! Were talking side angle crows to handstands and back and all sorts of yogic marvels! I wanted to make my strength workout closer to an hour so I popped in another virgin, Slim in Six Pack. What a SUPER add-on! I feel this one and like it better than 6 Minute Abs, but this one is twice as long so no wonder. Simple traditional gym crunches, very effective. So all in all I got an hour and a half in this evening. Tomorrow I'd like to do Danny Sullivan's Advanced workout on the bag and perhaps Session 2 of the yoga practice I did tonite. Hup Hup!