RemedySpot.com

P90 Day 6: Sculpt 1-2 & 10s

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay, I got through an entire week of P90. Still not sure I'm liking it. Just not sure it is doing enough for me. Will go an entire month though and then decide (minus 2 days when I'll be out of town at the end of the month). While the family and I were out running errands (taking lots of electronic and other stuff to a local recycling place, got lots out of the basement and garage) we stopped at Meijer (like a Wal-Mart superstore) for me to run in and see if they had 10# dumbbells on sale. They were having a big clearance sale yesterday and today and I knew some fitness stuff was on sale but not exactly what. Not only did they have them but at 40% off! I got 2 10s for $14 and tax!! They didn't have anything heavier or I would have bought others too. Of course, when we got home with them DH noticed a big tear in the neoprene on one of them (after we took the label off, it was under it) so I'm going to take that one back tomorrow and hope they have another one in stock still to substitute for it. I used it anyway tonight though! :-) Does anyone know if they make neoprene dumbbells in any heavier weights? DH said he doesn't think so.

Anyway, it took all day for me to get time for my workout but I got it in. Heavied up my weights a lot. Used 10s for quite a few things and was surprised but loved it. Did all 15 bicep curls in the beginning with them (but by the last set of exercises I had to go to 7s for the 7-7-7 bicep curls). Used 8s for the wide bicep curls. Used 8s for most of the shoulder stuff, 7s for one. 8s or 10s for back stuff. Did lawnmowers with 10s, that was fun. Did military overhead presses & swimmers presses with 8s for the first time. Used 5s for a set of double arm tricep exercises instead of 3s. Managed to 10 of 15 tricep dips with straight legs. Did 10 of 15 regular pushups (on knees) in first set. Did all 15 wide arm pushups in 2nd set and did 7 wide arm pushups, 4 or 5 tricep pushups (going about half way down which is a lot farther than I've gone before) and 4 or 5 regular pushups in the 7-7-7 pushup thing at the end. I'm feeling my arms and shoulders now, feels good too. Held 8 lbs in each hand as I did the lunges and squats (they do them without weights). My back was bothering me before the workout and is now but it is that time and my lower back always hurts the first day or so for some reason so I don't think it is at all exercise related but will watch it to see.

I'm going to try and make time to watch the P90 3-4 videos tomorrow and might switch to those next week. The sculpt especially just doesn't seem challenging enough even with upping the weights.

Used my HRM and found my HR was much lower than with cardio, which I expected. Only burned about 127 calories but 55% were fat as opposed to 45% with the cardio so I thought that was interesting.

Tomorrow is a day off but I will probably do Tamilee's stretch dvd (complete stretch for beginner or something like that). I'm trying to decide between the 30 minute stretch for beginners or the three 10 minute stretches (seated, standing and on the floor).