RemedySpot.com

NANCY From JEN Re: Need help with measuring progress for 2008 goal

Rate this topic

Guest guest

For walking - walk as fast as you can and see how long it takes for you to walk a mile. I've shaved a minute off my time since I've started walking almost everyday on my treadmill. For running - run as fast as you can and see how long it takes you to run a mile. That's what I do to see my cardiovascular improvements. Jen nancydewolf wrote: Did you see Tonya's answer? I thought it was really helpful. I'm going to possibly even try it tomorrow. will be most interesting. I've been using the kind of benchmarks you use. I can run up the basement steps with a basket full of laundry and not breathe heavily anymore, I noticed that recently. I like noticing those things but I also like non-subjective measurements (considering how far off I was on my perceived exertion, I need non-subjective measurements so I can really know if I'm progressing). Thanks ! Re: Need help with measuring progress for 2008 goal GREAT question, ! I'll be interested in hearing what you/we find out! I personally don't know how to objectively measure cardiovascular progress. I only know that when I can run a mile without stopping when

before I could only run three quarters of a mile that I have progressed. I bet Tonya will be able to answer this for us! Great goal!!