RemedySpot.com

mindless snacking and exercise

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The scale has gone up again... and I know why...

I'm mindlessly snacking again. I don't know why, but I fall back into this habit too much (note to self: take time to try and figure out why, maybe then I can stop sooner and find a good substitute for whatever I'm getting from it). The scale is giving me feedback about it and I have only my little hands and big mouth to blame (and my disengaged brain). I exercise plenty but apparently I don't exercise nearly enough to take out what I put in too! So far, the P90 videos are not proving to be big calorie burners either (now that I have a HRM I really do know that I overestimate how many calories I MUST have burned). Since I am usually not writing down what I'm eating when I'm mindlessly grabbing a small piece of whole wheat banana raisin bread (sounds healthy, until you've had 4 or 5 small pieces, at least), a handful of raisins or a handful of pretzels (multiply both of those by many too) I have no idea how many calories I'm consuming but decided it must be a lot more than what I'm burning off.

My own personal goal for the rest of this week (I started this yesterday) and next is to write down everything that is not a WW core food (basically really healthy foods, low energy density for those familiar with the concept). That includes the raisin bread, raisins and pretzels. I find that if I am forcing myself to write it down, I'm less likely to grab and go. I'm more likely to think first and then usually decide to grab something healthier (like a real piece of fruit or veggies with fat-free dip) or nothing at all and just DO something else.

I decided to post this because (a) I know I'm not alone in this and others might benefit from knowing they aren't alone in it either and (B) so I can publicly declare my own commitment to myself (even if no one says "so , how many handfuls of pretzels and raisins have you had today?" I know others might be "watching" and that helps).

Thanks for listening and even by doing just that, helping me pay attention better! :-)