RemedySpot.com

NANCY - Rest days/Food

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi , do you have osteoarthritis too? That's what I have, I think anyway. I know that I have arthritis in my feet (Podiatrist told me) and I have arthritic spurs under my left kneecap but I probably have it in my right knee and fingers too...feels like it. Anyway, maybe all the rain and the weather here getting cold made your knee act up...? My knee felt much better yesterday so I played volleyball. Didn't have any problems playing, could run etc... Today both knees are a little sore but am planning to go downstairs to walk on my treadmill while I watch the Red Wings. Be careful with your knees, you don't want them to get worse. Jen Donna M-P wrote: Sorry to hear about your knee, . You are smartto rest. A few years ago, I refused to rest when I wassick and I ended up with terrible lingering illnessesor phases of getting better but then getting sickagain in a few weeks - it is one reason why now when Idon't feel well (and I'm sleep deprived and TOMfuzzy-headed, to boot)

I'll take a rest day.Oh, I loved your post about food - it is veryappropriate - thanks for writing it. I have a tipalso about deprivation. I'll tell by example - PeanutButter used to be my downfall, I could eat it by thejar. The way I learned to control that was byactually fitting it into my meal plan, now manymornings a week I have peanut butter ahd whole grainbread as part of my breakfast. I don't put a hugeamount on (it is organic, natural pb, but there it isstill a high fat food) but I put enough on to taste itand since I have been doing that I've had ZEROincidents of sitting down with a jar and a spoon. Ialso have done that with chocolate - allow myself oneor two mini pieces. It is only when I get "guilty"over it that i start to over-indulge.Okay, gotta run. Just had to throw my two cents in!Donna--- nancydewolf <nancydewolfsbcglobal (DOT) net> wrote:> Speaking of days off... I'm taking a rest day today.> My left knee, which is my worst one, is twinging a> lot, stairs are quite painful otherwise it is just> occasionally twinges. It started out of seemingly> nowhere yesterday afternoon. Not sure why, could> just be an RA flare (which is one good reason to> rest too) but to be sure, I'm doing ibuprofen and> rest (when I'm not standing up teaching this morning> (but that's only for a little) while instead of> playing with heavy objects (today is a sculpt day).> If I didn't have a history of knee issues I'd> probably just ignore it because it isn't a constant> pain and I don't do stairs during this workout but> I'd rather be overly cautious than overly miserable> later! If all is well tomorrow I'm planning on> jumping

into P90 Cardio 3-4 sometime in the> afternoon or evening but will consider doing all> low-impact instead of actual jumping.> > DH and I both get paid once a month. He used to get> paid every other week and that was fine. This once a> month thing is not much fun but we're getting used> to it (they started it over the summer). My salary> doesn't amount to much but I get paid just once a> month too though I'm supposed to file my paperwork> within 24 hours after each meeting otherwise,> especially depending where we are in the month I> might get paid a month later for that particular> meeting. It's not usually much work but sometimes,> like for Tuesday's meeting which was one just> starting out, I procrastinate because there's more> than the normal amount of paperwork. Gotta get to> that this afternoon in between meetings... while I'm> resting instead

of working out! :-)> > > > Re: Jen's exercise for> Wednesday 1/09/08> > > > > great idea to take an off day. rest is always just> as important as the workouts. > > getting paid is a good thing LOL. we get paid every> other week and it a pain. i really feel for those> that only get paid by the month(i think our teachers> pay is like that). such a pain!> > kassia> > > Jen's exercise for Wednesday 1/09/08> > > > Since I worked out a lot yesterday that's all I'm> going to do for exercise today. I'm tired and need> to do my work invoices so I will

get paid.> > > > > > > > > ldy_solana's domain > > Too many people spend money they haven't earned to> buy things they don't want to impress people they> don't like.> > -Will > > > >----------------------------------------------------------> Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them> fast with Yahoo! Search.> > __________________________________________________________Never miss a thing. Make Yahoo your home page. http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs