RemedySpot.com

Rule 706 Impeachment of the Defense Medical Examiner

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear colleagues,

I have recently been asked by a couple of you about using key scientific journal articles or medical textbooks which support the things we do as chiropractic physicians each day treating accident/injury cases namely auto PIP cases against

medical experts for the insurers who make condescending or inaccurate comments on the witness stand.

For example, there are defense medical experts two orthopedic surgeons that come to mind, that have stated in courtroom testimony,

“there is not a shred of scientific evidence that supports chiropractic treatment does anything, yes there are folks who it may it feels good but there simply is no scientific basis to it.”

This is very close to the exact quote of a orthopedic surgeon who was the opposing defense expert in a trial I was recently involved in as the independent plaintiff expert.

I have several journal articles/documents (learned treatises) which I have found very useful as per impeaching the opposing knuckleheaded medical expert which is allowed under “Rule 706,” as per “chiropractic treatment having no scientific

basis” and of course when referring to “chiropractic treatment” these hired defense guns are referring specifically to spinal manipulation. If you are interested in these articles contact me off list.

Now for my advertisement.

·

Yes, I continue to perform second opinions for you all if you have a difficult case that you simply wish to have me review for treatment recommendations or wanting to know if there is something more

serious causing your patient’s disturbing symptoms.

·

If your patient has been “trashed” by one of those lovely file/paper review companies or PIP IME doctors disrupting your doctor patient relationship send your patient to me for a countering opinion,

do not send me your “flakes” send me those who you know have true injuries and are about to get the short end of the stick.

·

Closing exam with impairment ratings, future need for supportive care and prognosis for those patients that you believe have reached maximum chiropractic/medical improvement send all of their chiropractic/medical

records and I will perform a closing examination and narrative report putting it all together.

I have very specific intake forms your patient must fill out completely and send to me prior to scheduling them for my consultation and examination. If you are interested contact me off list and I will send my intake forms to you.

Blessings,

Vern Saboe Questions? Call my cell at

-----

Vern Saboe, Jr, DC., DACAN., FICC., DABFP., FACO.

915 19th Ave SE

Albany, OR 97322

phone:

e-mail: vern@...