RemedySpot.com

Liz Gillies Core Fitness Progressive Pilates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

http://www.amazon.com/Liz-Gillies-Core-Fitness-Progressive/dp/B0001610NY/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8 & s=dvd & qid=1200850681 & sr=8-1 afternoon, netflix added this recently to its instant viewing options. a familiar format of 10 min. solution in that there is a 10 min. workout for everybody body spot and a 10 min. total body routine. but on this dvd the 10 min. routine is the bonus while the buns,legs,abs,and arms are part of the workout. its a decent workout except the arms workout was a little "weird" with all its swinging like exercises, things that i have never seen any of the pilates books i have looked through. i don't know if there is something i miss or if this is her made up stuff. it would be alright if you are like me

and very familiar with weights and form, then the exercises are a new dimension and not so bad b/c they are light weights and seem to work joints over muscles. but if you are new to pilates and weights in general then i find these very unsafe. but other wise the swinging type motions(supposedly to work biceps and shoulders) everything is pretty much familiar like hug a tree but she calls "boxing" "swimming arms" i hate that every video and book refers to that motion as "boxing" heck even denise austin calls it boxing. just an annoyance but at least her form was good and there were modifications shown. some things i noticed though is that in buns and legs her form is just god awful. she says keep your buttocks back while doing these pulse squats but clearly you can see she is not(nor are any of her background ppl) and that her knees are clearly coming inline with her toes and to me that is not a safe move especially if you have knee

issues. pilates is suppose to be a safe form of exercise for everybody including those with medical conditions and this just makes it look unsafe. luckly i know how to do a squat so i did my own thing. also during bridge work her knees are buckling in.NOT proper form you can even see some of the background exercisers turning their feet in. i don't know but i think i have read and done enough pilates to know that is harmful to joints. the abs are nothing new she just does things at her own tempo which is fine if she can let you know that she is changing it up some. her cueing is not 100% on this. the total body segment was the better of it all she was good on form and good on cues and good at explaining form. through most of the segment unfamiliar exercises were confusing b/c she just couldn't keep it simple in explaining the form. that is confusing to those not familiar with working out or pilates workouts. it was also hard to tell what leg

she was on b/c of the dark lighting and dark clothing they worn. it would have been nice to explain that in simple fashion. it was so hard to see as it was when you are trying to keep form in an exercise, that maybe proper clear instruction would have been an asset. but there are far more superior workouts like 10 min. solutions and even annoying meghan white and her pilates sculpt n tone workout. form and explanation is clear and nothing confusing or made up. maybe other liz gillies offerings are better but we will wait and see on that. kassia ldy_solana's domain Too many people spend money they

haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

oh no this was a 10 min. solution workout i was just comparing the format. this was a workout she put out on her own. i don't think she is with any set product like 10 min. solution. she did do a workout for trainers edge but the reviews are pretty badkassiaPink Pussycat wrote: Wow, usually the 10 Min Sol's are so well cued and have good

form, I'm surprised they let her get away with that.. __. ldy_solana's domain Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don’t want to impress people they don’t like.-Will

Looking for last minute shopping deals? Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.