RemedySpot.com

Yoga Complete for Athletes: Golf / Twists (60 minutes)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

My back was tense from all the kickboxing I did this weekend, and after skimming several Body Wisdom practices for the back, I decided on Yoga Complete for Athletes: Golf / Twists. I figure golfers use their backs a lot in swinging the club so that's why I went for that sport. My dad would be thrilled if I took up golfing, however he's so serious and technical about it that it takes all the fun out of it for me. I like golfing with my coworkers; we each tee off separately, but then we all hit simultaneously after that and we don't even keep score. It's a blast! Here are the poses in this practice:You start in a shavasana - gee could golfers be tense to start with this or what?The standing poses are:ChairWarrior 1PyramidEagleafter that you're on the floor for the remainder of the practice:Cross

legs with forward bend, then with a twistBaravadj's pose (seated twist w/both knees to one side)Half lord of the fishesCobblers' poseWide angle seated forward bendOne legged forward bendChild's PoseFinal ShavasanaAgain, what I prefer about Yoga Complete for Athletes as opposed to other Body Wisdom yoga dvd's is that the poses are held much longer. This practice took an hour. Donna, you might want to do this for your back! Hope everyone is having a relaxing Sunday!