RemedySpot.com

Internal walls...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Internal Laws

We all have walls we put up. Those walls are generally composed of righteous wrath, indignation, a sense of moral superiority over the invading hoards who attack our walls.

There is a spiritual axiom that when I am angry I am by definition wrong. This is true even if I am right about the particulars. The anger makes me wrong even if I'm right. And this really does not happen all that often, me being right when I'm wrong, or perhaps better stated, wrong when I'm right. You know what I mean. Almost always if I'm angry I am really, deeply wrong about everything involved.

And the walls are made primarily of anger.

Anger is to the spirit what pain is to the body, a signal that something is wrong. When we feel anger we need to realize something is wrong inside us.

Now, I'm not going to try to prove this. Either you get it or you don't. The argument would be impossible. Nothing makes a person angrier than being told they are wrong when they're angry.

The point is that we are brought up, most of us anyhow, to use anger as the signal to attack something. We go to aggressiveness or even rage. I remember using anger as a motivational tool. Just get me mad at something and I'll do it. Just get the hell out of my way. Now I'm really mad!

Now I know that anger doesn't work, no matter how disguised it is.

It loves to disguise itself as one of my walls. But there's anger in them walls.

So if anger is the signal to the soul that there is a problem, what is the answer?

It's humility.

That should come as no surprise. It's the answer to almost anything.

Anger means I'm wrong. Time to calm down, meditate.

Now anger is a trigger for inner peace.

Go figure.

EmanationsCopyright © 2007 by MacEnulty5/30/07, St. Louis, MO