RemedySpot.com

Borders buys & today's workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Today is a "rest" day so I stretched. Did all 3 ten minute (standing, seated and floor) segments from Tamilee's Total Stretch. Felt very good. Very quickly looked at P90 3-4 cardio and sculpt. They look the same as 1-2 but slightly longer and I guess more intense. Cardio has the Ab Ripper 200 on the end. That alone will kill me for sure! My sculpt tape seems to have a tracking problem so I'm not sure if I'll be able to use it or not. I've decided to switch to 3-4 on Monday for both workouts and will see how I do. I like doing cardio on MWF so that will be up first. I can't do 3-4 cardio on Wednesday because I won't have enough time before work and no time after so have to figure out what I'll do then still.

Went to Borders alone today (went 3 times this week, first two were guided buying trips for the kids, one at a time, to use gift cards they got from my dad and step-mother for Christmas, this was just for me). Took advantage of the 3 for 2 offer. Decided to get Yoga for Inflexible people and started off doing that this evening but the audio/visual mixup was not something I wanted to deal with today so I'll work with that another time. Loved the variety on it, the one I tried today (not to be too personal, but menstrual 1!) just wasn't what I wanted and it seemed like any of the shorter practices were too body part specific, I wanted an overall stretch and didn't want to take an hour to do it. Am definitely looking forward to using this one though.

I had a hard time deciding on the next one but it just sort of jumped off the shelf at me and I decided to take it home... Fat Burning Kickboxing Workout for Dummies. I seem to be kickboxing impaired and really want to get it. I need more intense non-dancey cardio workouts and I'm thinking kickboxing would fit the bill nicely, if I could just get it. I'm enjoying the kbing drills in P90 cardio but I know they're nothing compared to real kbing workouts. I've tried (Tae Bo) and Chalene (Turbo Jam). was too fast, Chalene's ab things too much (and I fall over myself in the combinations even on Learn & Burn) and Dummies videos have been great for me in the past so I thought this might be very good for me. There's a 17 minute instructional section and 39 min workout and it is led by Keli too. If I hate it I can always ebay it I figure. I'm hoping to like it and then feel more comfortable taking on Chalene and again (plus the Kathy and other kbing workouts I seem to have collected recently).

Last one, and this was my freebie, was Walking for Weight Loss with Debbie Rocker. This was one of my first netflix tries and I loved it. Borders had the workout dvd plus outdoor walking audio workout alone marked $19.99 and then they had a special package with a cheapie pedometer and the workout dvd and cd in it labeled a Borders Exclusive for only $9.99! I figured it would be free so if it turned out to not be the whole workout or something it would be fine. Well whaddya know but it is the exact same as the $19.99 version plus a very cheap pedometer (you don't set your stride length, I have a good one I could choose to use if I want to, this one will go for the kids or freecycle). I'm pretty excited!!

I also had a 30% off coupon for a book so I got one just for me... Eat, Love, Pray. I'd heard a lot about it (all good) from various sources and it looked very interesting. It is non-fiction, which I don't normally read (I'm a mystery, spy novel buff) but I am looking forward to it.

I forgot to use my Christmas cash and used my debit card so now my paycheck from a second job I have (doing some stuff with another website, extremely part time but good pay) which is the same as my Christmas money will go right into our checking account instead of my wallet! Oh well. It works out the same I guess.

Anyway, tomorrow I have my every 6 month check up with my oncologist (expecting good news), then I'm headed to the new and huge Salvation Army store nearby to see what I might be able to score in terms of exercise stuff and possibly other things too. Then I'm home for lunch, my date with Tony and then off to get the kids at school and start the regular running around again. Christmas break is officially over tomorrow. Back to the regular routine (just when I'd gotten good at getting workouts in at odd times too, oh well, it will serve me well this summer I guess).

This is way long but I got some cool stuff and wanted to share!