RemedySpot.com

Monday evening yoga

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I hear ya on the machines! My dad went to buy me this new TV (that will hopefully be here tomorrow) and was first told that no one uses VHS anymore and he must be mistaken that I wanted a VCR/DVD player. I told him *I* use VHS and lots of it and yes, I do want both. Unfortunately (I think) he bought a TV set with the player built into it so if part of the player goes, I have to get a whole new TV?! Maybe I'll just be able to hook up a separate VHS/DVD player if that becomes necessary. I'm really not trying to sound ungrateful but I still wish he would have just given me a gift card and let me pick out what I want. Oh well, I'm still thrilled and appreciate his kindness. Will just be crossing my fingers while I say thank you!

Monday evening yoga

Hi,

Well, I'm still sitting here with my neck and shoulder blade killing me. I have no clue what happened to it. I've had this happen before so I'm sure it will go away, hopefully by the time I get up in the morning.

I wasn't sure I'd be able to do yoga, but I figured it couldn't hurt it any worse than it already is. So I went with a lighter one and did Yoga Shakti Basic Flow. It was just 30 minutes and it didn't hurt it any, but certainly didn't help it either.

To top it off, my VHS/DVD recorder quits on me. The DVD side won't work. I went and bought a lens cleaner hoping it just needed cleaned...well, that didn't' help it either so now I have to tape all my shows back on VHS again. I record a few shows (soaps etc.) daily on the DVD side and I watch them every evening and I've loved having this feature. DVD is so much better.

I sure would like to know what happened to it, I'm guessing these types of machines just don't last long (this makes my second one).. who knows. Just another reason to have to spend money. Well, I'm not rushing out and buying another one, it'll just have to be VHS for me. I know VHS is beginning to phase out, but I have so many VHS tapes that I still use and now that I have to start recording with it again, I need the damn things.

Enough ranting!!

(tomorrow is another day, thank goodness)

~**~~**~

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

DVD is "essential", but I like having a vhs player too, as some fabulous workouts like Fabio Fitness never made it to dvd.

what will we do when they totally phase out the VHS? Like you, I have video's that CAN'T be copied over to DVD. I guess we just won't be able to play them anymore.

~**~~**~See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

• 1 month later...

I agree. I like power better too. I hope feels better soon.

--Kathy Calvin: I'm a genius, but I'm a misunderstood genius. Hobbes: What's misunderstood about you? Calvin: Nobody thinks I'm a genius

-------------- Original message -------------- From: fitgrl222@...

Hi,

This evening I did Yoga Fusion Strength. I like this one, but not as well as Power.

We had to take to the doctor today. It turned out she has an ear infection. She's been sick since last Wednesday so I knew something had to be going on for her not be getting over it. She's on antibiotics so hopefully she'll loose that dumb fever.

I hope you all had a great day today.

~**~~**~

Start the year off right. Easy ways to stay in shape in the new year.

• 6 months later...

Hi,

This evening I did Rodney Yee Intermediate Yoga. This is about 45 minutes long and he holds the poses longer than he does in some of his other routines.

My low back is killing me and I felt super tight there and down my hamstrings. Unfortunately, the routine didn't really help my low back much. I'm still glad I did it though.

Off to watch some TV

Have a nice evening.

~**~It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Thanks for the info Darcy. I've never heard of the shower thing. My back is a bit better today.

~**~It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.

Sorry about your back . Contrast showers are suppose to be great for back pain, I have recently learned. Basically you alternate in the shower with really hot water to cold water.. Or you could try cryotherapy where you take crushed ice in a zip-lock bag, and place it under your back. Lay next to a couch and elevate your feet. Stay on for 15 - 20 minutes like that. An added bonus would be to stretch your back while in that position as well. Here, I pulled this off the ISSA website...

Contrast Showers: Alternate between hot and cold bursts of water for 2-minute periods directly following your workout. The contrasting temperatures taken to a reasonable point of discomfort. Repeat this alternating 2-minute sequence 4 to 6 times. Since hot water is a vasodilator, and cold water is a vasoconstrictor, the net effect is vastly improved circulation to the effected areas. Cryokinetics for Low Back and Leg Recuperation: An ice pack can be constructed by placing crushed ice in a "zip-lock" bag. Immediately after leaving the shower, the individual should lie down on the floor with feet propped over a bed or couch, and the ice pack under the lumbar spine. To improve the effect of this procedure threefold, stretch the spine while on ice, and gently perform lateral (side to side) flexions alternated with pulling knees to chest. Mobilizing the spine in this way will counteract any stiffening effects from icing the back. Cryokinetic therapy is very beneficial in reducing contracted, tightened muscle tissue, as well as pumping these tissues free of accumulated, training-induced waste products. We recommend at least 15, but no longer than 20 minutes should be spent on the ice. This is most effective when done immediately after contrast showers. I thought this was some good info, and will surely try it if I ever run into back pain again!Darcy

Hi,

This evening I did Rodney Yee Intermediate Yoga. This is about 45 minutes long and he holds the poses longer than he does in some of his other routines.

My low back is killing me and I felt super tight there and down my hamstrings. Unfortunately, the routine didn't really help my low back much. I'm still glad I did it though.

Off to watch some TV

Have a nice evening.

~**~

It's only a deal if it's where you want to go. Find your travel deal here.