RemedySpot.com

OT:- Live Life

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All

I just wanted to share some thots with you all. This week, the small community where I live have been so shocked by the deaths of a mum and her 2 beautiful girls in a car accident on Wed morning. The dad, Barry left behind is the Sports Master at my sons school. His whole family wiped out driving to school, how you ever cope, I dont know..... The girls, Ciara & Niamh were only 7 and 10. My 2 are 5 & 10 and every day this week I've held them tighter and thot about this awful tragedy.....

It makes you think of your own mortality and I wanted to say something someone else said recently, who knows about your childs biomed, their supps, appointments, your plans, things you have to do. Its so often all just retained in your head, isnt it? I've really made a promise to myself to write this all down and share it with others a bit more.

More importantly, sometimes things can be hard for us parents of ASD kids, so many times I've thot I'll do this later when is more settled, its sunnier, the house is tidier, I'm not on a diet etc etc. As the Nike ads used to say, Just do it. Live life. I know for us its taken a long time to get our heads round autism. Yes we work hard to help but we also accept, adore and love her for all that she is now. My neighbour is doing a course in journalism and tonight she intervieweed me for one of her assignments, about Autism of course. One thing she asked me was, What I had learned, my mistakes, or my advice to a newly daignosed parent. I kept thinking about this after I left her house, which is maybe why I am now wittering on. Its balance which is important, help your child yes, but live too, do all the stuff you think of like a walk on the beach, a show, a visit to a friend, whatever. This is it and it can all be quite fragile. I've wasted lotsa time, not followed advice, wish I had done bowel investigations sooner, but you know thats all past and this is now.

I am going to enjoy life more and worry less.... and thats it, here endeth the lesson.

Lotsa Luv

Caroline

xxx

Sorry to hear that dreadful news Caroline, it does bring it home doesn't it?

I think your right in everything you have said, we also need to think beyond autism and ensure that everything is in order, and enjoy our children as well as trying to heal them.

Vicky

xx