RemedySpot.com

Weekend & Monday Workouts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi,

Busy weekend w/ decorating and such so I didn't get a chance to be on-line very often. Here's what I have been up to:

Saturday - I actually squeezed in a 30 minute Classical Stretch workout. I did the Oceanside Standing routine on the 30 Min Express DVD. Felt good to move. Then it was swim class w/ DD and decorating the house/cleaning out closets (a side-benefit to the decorating is pulling apart some closets and then re-organizing them as I put things away)

Sunday - 's 3 Fast Miles from her Walk Slim Series. I really enjoy this one - good pace and is silly, but I find I like that persona better than when she works solo and is less silly. After that I did Element Pilates for Weight Loss w/ Siler - I did just the mat work section - a good mat routine. Although this one has a beginner rating at Collage, I'd say it is more in the intermediate category.

Today - Cardio Coach Volume 3 - I am finding that I really love these workouts! They are interval workouts - but totally do-able for me since I adjust them to where I"m at. I find that I can push surprisingly hard through the intervals and I enjoy the nice steady state breaks. I know I can challenge myself more with these - I hold back a bit b/c of my back (for instance, I probably should be jogging during the "green zones" but I'm afraid to jog that long w/ my back - I will experiment though and see what I can do comfortably). I got 4 miles in with this one by walking during the stretch segment. That is one thing about the TM, if I get close to a "round number milestone" I tend to stay on until I hit it. Oh, don't worry, I do stretch on my own both before and after by doing my usual stretches that make my back, hamstrings, and hip flexors feel good. Afterwards, I did 30 min of Classical Stretch -

I did the standing/floor work series from the 30 min Express DVD. This DVD is really useful for me! I'm finding that the CS workouts are breaking up some of the "knots" in my back - I think it is the flowing movements combined w/ the stretching that seems to be doing the trick. When I went in on Friday to the chiro, my back was really loose. Today, I'm probably tighter from all the extra house stuff over the weekend, but I do see lots of progress. last year, I would have been totally messed up after doing all that stuff - now I'm just dealing with a little tightness.

Hope everyone has a great day. I took today off from work instead of the Friday after Thanksgiving. My DD doesn't go back to school until tomorrow and I figured since I"m not a shopper, today would be a better day to have off than Black Friday. I am planning to buy most my gifts on-line this year - I really don't have the stamina for shopping. There are a few things I'll have to hit a "real" store for - like some b'day presents for a couple of parties DD was invited to, etc. but I think my plan is to hit some "local" toy stores rather than the "big boxes". I would ideally like to avoid a mall or a big box store until January! :)

Take care!Donna