RemedySpot.com

bosu ball vs the step in bodypump/Jari Love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

sorry I've been MIA lately, but have been sick again, first the boys

and now me. Another sinus infection but am trying to fight it off

without antibiotics since it has been less than a month since I got off

antibiotics for the last one. At least my upper teeth aren't hurting

as much they did yesterday, hopefully that is a good sign:)

My FIL is looking for xmas gift ideas and I'm leaning towards asking

for The Step. I want it for doing Jari Love workouts (I don't have

RTTC nor 1000). I have been using GAIAM's back care ball (a peanut

shaped oblong ball) but don't really care for the instability of

getting on/off of it. My DH thinks a bosu would be more versatile.

Has anyone ever used a bosu in place of the step in either bodypump,

Jari Love (Ripped, S & L, R & C), or similar workouts? Is it more stable

than a ball or about the same?

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry you are sick again! I hope you get better soon. I have both a BOSU and a step - the BOSU adds a fun element of instability to the workouts - it isn't long enough to lay on like a weight bench though (like a step would be). You can still do your floor exercises on it - but you wouldn't be able to get your whole body across the length of it. B/C the BOSU has a flat side it is probably more stable than the peanut ball you're using. You can substitute a BOSU for a step during some step aerobics workouts - but due to the instability and size of the BOSU, you would have to modify choreography to fit the BOSU size, shape and instability. I don't know if you plan to use it for aerobics or not, though.

HTH!Donna

Subject: bosu ball vs the step in bodypump/Jari LoveTo: exercisevideos Date: Saturday, December 6, 2008, 8:38 PM

sorry I've been MIA lately, but have been sick again, first the boys and now me. Another sinus infection but am trying to fight it off without antibiotics since it has been less than a month since I got off antibiotics for the last one. At least my upper teeth aren't hurting as much they did yesterday, hopefully that is a good sign:) My FIL is looking for xmas gift ideas and I'm leaning towards asking for The Step. I want it for doing Jari Love workouts (I don't have RTTC nor 1000). I have been using GAIAM's back care ball (a peanut shaped oblong ball) but don't really care for the instability of getting on/off of it. My DH thinks a bosu would be more versatile. Has anyone ever used a bosu in place of the step in either bodypump, Jari Love (Ripped, S & L, R & C), or similar workouts? Is it more stable than a ball or about the same?