RemedySpot.com

Re: how much id too much K2? (x-post)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Jenna,

I am interested in this balance too. I was just reading the protocol file in the VitaminK yahoo group. I'll paste what it says below. We're not giving this much k2 at the moment ourselves but I think we will increase again.

Best wishes,

Sandy

PS Thorne k2 info is here http://www.thorne.com/media/K170.pdf

....and FROM VITAMINK YAHOO GROUP (PROTOCOL FILE)

Vitamin K2: Vitamin K2 is the form of Vitamin K found in the brain, the kidneys and the bones and is the most bioavailable form. The adult dose is 15 mg TID (three times daily). The weight-adjusted dose for children is one mg TID for each 10 pounds (4.5 kilograms) of body weight, up to a maximum of 15 mg TID. This vitamin should be started initially at a much lower dose than the maximum, especially if the child has a history of seizures, because it is a powerful vitamin which takes effect slowly. Thorne Research makes Vitamin K2 in a liquid dropper bottle. K2 is also available from various manufacturers in gelcap and capsule form.

Regression of warfarin-induced elastocalcinosis by high intake of vitamin K in rats. Schurgers LJ, Spronk HM, Soute BA, Schiffers PM, Demey JG, Vermeer C. Blood. 2006 Nov 30 [Epub ahead of print].

Vitamin D: Most children who do not live in the lowest one-third of the continental United States and who do not receive regular year-round outdoor sun exposure will need more Vitamin D than is found in the high-vitamin cod liver oil. The recommended Vitamin D dosage for this protocol is a total of 55 IU/pound/day from all sources

Page 1 of 4

including cod liver oil (120 IU/kilogram/day). Supplemental Vitamin D must be in the form of cholecalciferol, or Vitamin D3. Bio-D-Mulsion by Biotics Research Corp. sells emulsified Vitamin D3 in a small dropper bottle that is easy to administer to children.

>> I am putting together an order, and looking for for a nice easy to dose > form of D3. My kids do swallow pills, lots of them, but it always helps > things along if there are some yummy ones at the end of it all. I've > found TwinLabs D3+K2 'dots'. > > Vitamin D-3 (Cholecalciferol) 1000iu> Vitamin K2 (as menaquinone-7) 90mcg> > my question is - if I do up to 2 or 3 of these dots a day to get high D3 > dose, Will it be too much K2?> > -Jenna>