RemedySpot.com

You and Your Patients - Send in Your Public Comment on the CCO Admin Rules Which are Being Proposed

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear colleagues,

The profession needs you all to keep sending in your public comments to;

Cheryl.peters@...

Here again are the three issues with a sample public comment for you and your patients to follow. I will be testifying tomorrow for the Oregon Chiropractic Association during the rulemaking hearing tomorrow in Salem at the Oregon Health

Authority which starts at 10:30. Additionally a radio interview I was asked to do air’s today at 11:30 AM wherein I speak to the issues we have with the proposed CCO administrative rules and our suggestions. You can listen in at 90.7 FM or 100.7 FM for the

mid valley and Eugene and South and for the areas North Salem, Woodburn, Portland-metro dial in 90.7.

Here are the three issues our coalition of health care providers have with the proposed rules;

Primary Care Providers, “CCO member-patients must be able to select a chiropractic physician, naturopathic physician or nurse practitioner as their primary care provider. This needs to be clarified in the proposed rules.

Network Adequacy, “Must be defined in these proposed rules I/we agree with the following definition;

“Network adequacy means a sufficient number of health care providers from each licensed health care profession such that all member-patients within the CCO can obtain care from the provider type of their choice without unnecessary waiting periods or other

restrictions.”

Varying Reimbursement Rates, must be based on the quality and performance of each health care provider and cannot be based solely on that provider’s area of practice or discipline which would be discriminatory.

Colleagues print this off and give it to your patients, family, friends etc., and have them email in their comments in support!

Cheers,

Vern Saboe PS: Public Comment ends July 22, we have just six more days to get our comments in!!!

Call me on my cell if you have questions….

-----

Vern Saboe, Jr, DC., DACAN., FICC., DABFP., FACO.

915 19th Ave SE

Albany, OR 97322

phone:

e-mail: vern@...