RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: SWAT Workout: Weight Loss & Fat Burning +

Rate this topic

Guest guest

on the first dvd they put and biggest loser vol. 2 they have short bootcamp segments and those you can get cheap. collagevideo.com has clips and breakdowns. i didn't care for cardio max, seemed very unorganized and just much poorer production. hopefully they did it right for the boot camp and yoga ones b/c i am interested.kassia ldy_solana's fitness blogldy_solana's domainScouting for All Too many people spend money they haven't earned to buy things they don¢t want to impress people they don¢t like.-Will Subject: Re: Re: SWAT Workout: Weight Loss & Fat Burning + To: exercisevideos Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 9:54 PM

Thanks Kassia!

I'll have to watch out for the biggest loser workout! I really like these a lot. Now I just need a bootcamp step workout!! :-)

-

I've done cardio max but that was the only one. I liked it but you're right, I think it was rather unorganized. Would like to check out the other ones sometime. Thanks for the tip!

Re: Re: SWAT Workout: Weight Loss & Fat Burning + To: exercisevideos Date: Monday, February 9, 2009, 9:54 PM

Thanks Kassia!

I'll have to watch out for the biggest loser workout! I really like these a lot. Now I just need a bootcamp step workout!! :-)

-

• 1 month later...

Thank you so much Sara, both for your kind words and hugs and for the encouragement!

I didn't think I'd like bootcamp but I really do. It is just so much easier on my brain that choreographed workouts! I loved P90 because it was so simple to just do the drills. It killed me at first but that was good.

I'm teaching my first class with the new plan tomorrow to a brand new at work group I picked up and then again on Wednesday and Thursday to my classes in the centers. I really like it a lot but got very used to teaching the old plan. The biggest thing for me is I have a whole new orientation program to learn and have to present it at all 3 of those meetings this week, I got nervous last year when they tweaked the old plan and I had to present the changes, this is not a totally different approach at all but it is a totally different presentation. After DD goes to bed (the boys are at Cub Scouts tonight) I'll be watching the leader training DVD and practicing it with my flip chart! I'm sure it will go okay and anything I accidentally forget I can always talk about next week too. We're anticipating "weight loss season" (starting in January) to be very busy. It always is but we're hoping the new plan will bring in more people too, despite the down economy. I'm hoping to pick up some more at work meetings in January too. If I can get enough of those then I won't have to feel like I have to substitute teach in the schools! (I love being with kids but like my more flexible schedule than that would allow.)

Anyway, once again, thank you so much for your sweetness. Your note felt like a hug!!

P.S. DH got an email from a recruiter with a job possibility for him, less than an hour away. He's going to put in a resume after Cub Scouts or early tomorrow morning. Please pray it goes somewhere! Any possibilities though, even if they don't pan out, are really good though because they just give me more hope that there are at least jobs out there and hope is what I need most right now (besides an actual job for him)!

Re: SWAT Workout: Weight Loss & Fat Burning +

Yay, !So glad you had a good workout today! Sounds like you have a good plan for your busy week! Good for you.I was curious about the SWAT workouts, thanks for the review! In my head I want to like bootcamp style workouts, but in reality I don't think I do, LOL! I have a few bootcamps that I haven't tried yet, and read about others all of the time. I agree with you about the workout sounding like Jillian s. I don't think it would be up my alley, but I imagine I would get it if I found it cheap, heh.I'm so sorry about all the stress you are dealing with and can only offer lots of hugs and an open ear! It sounds like you are doing everything you can at this point, and will make it through. I've seen lots of chatter about the new WW plan on various blogs (that don't usually talk about WW) so maybe you will have lots of new work there do with the new plan coming out. And you have so many other talents and qualifications that I'm sure you can find other gigs as well.Lots of hugs!Sara>> I got my workout in today and it felt great! What didn't feel great was to see how much conditioning I've lost with very sporadic workouts over the last month but that will come back so I'm not worried about it. This is a (to me) very challenging workout but fun too! It is mostly cardio intervals. You march in place for the resting periods and the high intensity intervals consist of things like knees up running in place, butt kicks running in place, mountain climbers, jumping jacks (several variations), squat thrusts (some with pushups when you come down) and other boot camp/athletic exercise. Absolutely no choreography to remember (yea!).