RemedySpot.com

Trouble maker patients

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a situation. I have a patient that claims to have been burned by one of our IFC units. She did sign an informed consent that stated that certain complications from her visit could include burns. The strange part about this situation is that the patient did not tell me this at the time of her visit. In fact, our massage therapist was the one that told her that it looked like she had a scratch on her back four days after the alleged burn incident. The patient at that time was unaware of the scratch. She then told me at her next visit that she was burned by the machine and was in so much pain at the time, that she couldn't scream for me to help her. All of these stories are not matching up at all. Now her boyfriend, who is a

patient, has told my acupuncturist that he has sued the city for a television falling on him during jury duty, and my patient is telling me that she has sued Mcdonalds for hot water being dropped on her in a drive thru. This makes me very worried that they are trouble makers. I advised the patient to seek treatment from a medical doctor if she was worried. Now I just received a call from her boyfriend who said that she was at the medical doctor and wants me to pay for the bill. This seems pretty ridiculous. Does anyone have some advice? I have a lawyer for my business but wanted to see if anyone else has had a similar problem. Katanah Grossman, DC,CCSP®Healthy Living Chiropractic10001 SE Sunnyside Rd. Ste 204Clackamas, Oregon 97015P:

F: