RemedySpot.com

RE: the Pronex Cervical Traction System

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Will et all, the Pronex is by far the most comfortable and productive cervical traction device I've used. I have 5 in stock and often rent them out. Activator endorses them.It was designed by a neurosurgeon as a way to prevent neck surgeries, and was a family owned Montana company until recently. I never could get patients to use posture pumps as they were too uncomfortable

The only drawback to Pronex is the approx $500 cost. A lower cost alternative is the neck Decompressor from Bodyline(the backhuggar people) for about $60 Dr cost, but it doesn't provide any lordosis correction, and is essentially an inflatable cervical collar.

R Johansen D.C. PC,DABCOChiropractic Life Center12762 SE Stark StreetPortland Oregon 97233Voice 5032557746,Fax 5032550818----- the Pronex Cervical Traction SystemDate: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:13:01 -0700

Hey docs, does anyone have any experience with Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Traction System for cervical disc problems? I have a patient who bought one of these from her PT years ago for a disc problem. I am wondering if this device can generate enough distraction to really provide any benefit . I prefer over the door traction and/or the posture pump for home use. Any feedback on this device would be appreciated-- Schneider DC PDX

____________________________________________________________53 Year Old Mom Looks 33The Stunning Results of Her Wrinkle Trick Has Botox Doctors Worriedconsumerproducts.com

Guest guest

I have a Pronex device (only the regular size). I use it occasionally. I have used this device for 18+ years. For some patients they are a helpful, for others, not much benefit. Regarding disc, I think it depends upon whether the "proper" lordotic curve benefits or aggravates. I've found some patients with the loss of cervical curve are made worse with lordotic support. It does provide pretty mild decompression. Some find the pressure at the occiput uncomfortable. One of the best aspects of use is that the patient can provide intermittent traction by releasing pressure and then pumping back up every minute or so. I don't like over the door d/t the constant stretch and subsequent muscle contraction response. I also have a Saunders cervical home-trac, which I find more useful for the "disc" patient. Linear traction, but with a bit of cervicothoracic flexion. More decompressive power. Same ability to "break" traction periodically. Seitz, DC Tuality Physicians 730-D SE Oak St Hillsboro, OR 97123 (503)640-3724To: oregondcs From: portlandchiro1@...Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 12:13:01 -0700Subject: the Pronex Cervical Traction System

Hey docs, does anyone have any experience with Pronex Pneumatic Cervical Traction System for cervical disc problems? I have a patient who bought one of these from her PT years ago for a disc problem. I am wondering if this device can generate enough distraction to really provide any benefit . I prefer over the door traction and/or the posture pump for home use. Any feedback on this device would be appreciated

-- Schneider DC PDX