RemedySpot.com

OT: Re: Groovy bit of kit!

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Okay, sorry for this ridiculous post but I went and bought this item (at least I think it is the same one, it was reduced to £40) and now I am sitting here with it, hoping to steam up some of the remnants of the norovirus from our pale carpets....and I just don't get it!

Before I try to use it I want to make sure I understand this - it doesn't actually suck the water back up into the machine, does it? How does it clean the carpet if it just blasts it with steam? Where does the dirt go? Sorry for the stupidity, maybe if I used it I would understand but I don't want to use it if I am going to try to return it....

Thanks,

Darla

PS - it was the yellow canister one, wasn't it?

Does it make carpets look new again?? I was just about to rent a steam cleaner. Maybe it would be better to purchase this instead. Groovy bit of kit! Dont know if any of you have heard of this, but I hadnt - we bought a 'steam mop' from Dyas for £50 and it's brill. you get a sterile clean and I had been really struggling with getting rid of wee/poo smells and trying to find cleaning products that werent too toxic - was using concoctions of lemon etc - however the steam mop only uses water, is really light, takes up virtually no space, doesnt leave carpets sopping wet and smelling like dog fur, can be used on laminate, lino and carpet AND MY HOUSE DOESNT SMELL OF WEE ANYMORE - YIPPEE!!!! Anyway, I know its sad but I thought I should share - am going to try and clean an armchair with it next.....the undomestic goddess x--- End forwarded message ---