RemedySpot.com

The Firm: Jiggle Free Arms + Slim Series 6 Minute Abs

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Good evening!Tonite I did The Firm: Jiggle Free Arms, which I picked up at Ross today. What a GREAT 30 minute upper body workout that was! After the warmup, the structure of the workout is 3 quick upper body exercises, followed by a quick cardio segment. The key to this workout is to go HEAVY. There are fewer reps, so you want to get the most out of them to fatigue the muscles.The Firm has improved a lot in some ways in this series. Gone are all the fake statues, libraries, Caesar's Palaces with multidesigned personal area rugs - in this one the setting is plain and white - very nice. There are also fewer background exercisers, maybe 5. The mood of the lead instructor is slightly less robotic though her personality doesn't really shine through much. It's never boring. Even in one quick set of something the counts change or you do something a little different along the way to switch

things up. The cardio segments are fairly easy to follow. The first one is floorwork, and the other 3 use the step, or Transfirmer if you have one (basically a 2 piece step that you can easiliy turn into an inclined bench) I got lost in a few places, not because the combo was hard (they are actually pretty easy) but because she didn't cue ahead or time or warn what was coming up so I had to just stand and watch a few times til I got it. It will be easier next time.And there will be a next time! I liked this workout a lot and time flew by. I was actually kind of sad when it was over. I used 12's for most exercises, though on reverse flys I'm still starting at 5's then have to go down to 3's. Those kill me every time! I especially feel this workout in the biceps.After that I did Slim Series 6 Minute Abs. Very nice - I will steal some of her moves for the next time I sub Amp'd Abs! I

made it through just fine but could tell I had worked hard after I finished. I think Ab Ripper 200 might be harder.Off to bed. I'm doing yoga tomorrow and need my beauty sleep!