RemedySpot.com

Thursday and Friday Workouts

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

I didn't get a chance to post my workout yesterday - I did 's new 5 Day Slim Down which contains 5 One Mile walks. You can string them all together for one long workout though and I imagine you can pick an choose from the menu as well (I didn't try this - but each mile is chaptered). The warm-up and cool down are also chaptered separately.

I have to admit, I miss 's crew. For each mile walked alone - it was strange, and I have to admit I like her chatting with her backgrounders and getting silly! Each mile had a different "theme" (Classic, Upper Body Focus, Lower Body Focus, Abs Focus, and Fast). I have to admit, for variety I prefer her 4 Big Miles workout more than this one. I used light hand weights for two of the segments - upper body and abs - to up the intensity and I think next time I'll use light hand weights for the "classic" mile as well to boost the intensity. The pace was slower than I like for - 14 min miles, I prefer her 12 min mile pace (so I'm looking forward to her new 5 mile walk!) The last mile was at a 12 min mile pace. This one does offer good options for quick cardio add-ons though and doing the entire workout is nice for a moderate/steady state day. Adding 1 -2 lb handweights will

help up the intensity! I didn't have time for anything else on Thursday, so I did some stretching on my own while I watched the "bonus" section on the DVD which was preparing a few different breakfasts and talking about the importance of eating a good breakfast for weight loss. also looked thinner in this workout and during the cooking segment.

Today I did a circuit of my cardio machines - I did 15 min on the bike, 15 (or so) min on the Lateral Thigh Trainer (note: this piece of equipment isn't as much fun as it looks on TV - I'm glad I got mine for free from a co-worker who was moving it and didn't want to take it along! I may be donating this one - it is kind of blah!) and then I did a little over 20 min on the TM - at the 20 min mark I was pretty close to two miles, so I just went until I hit the 2 mile mark. I included 2 Three minute jogging intervals (not fast) and one mini hill. After that I did a few segments from Pilates Sculpt and Tone - which is a Body Wisdom production and offers several different workout options w/ different PIlates "toys" (weighted ball, stability ball, weights, and a Pilates ring/circle). Today I did the Pilates flow (13 minutes of classical Pilates) and then I did arms and legs w/ the PIlates ring for another 9 minutes or

so. Meghan White leads this one - but she doesn't sound like Elmer Fudd as she does in the other DVD she put out (Ultimate Body Challenge???) She is actually quite calm in this one - although her tan is a bit orangey which clashes very badly w/ the purple walls! :)

Anyway, hope everyone has a good day!

Donna