RemedySpot.com

Re: [FitFirmies] One more comment on my Debbie Rocker workout/and a question about resistance bands

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I second the Walk Strong suggestion, it's a gem IMHO, a nice quick easy interval type workout. For you advanced it would probably be good for a recovery week.

Vennitta

Hi,

I forgot to add a comment to my Debbie Rocker review - if you are interested in a good workout that combines " walk-aerobics " and sculpting, I suggest 's Walk Strong (not the one w/ the stretchie, the one w/ the pink cover that uses weights!) that one is pretty good. Unfortunately, my back didn't like some of the weighted lower body exercises. But I'm thinking of trying it again and using a resistance band instead of weights. I could do it unweighted, but since she does do a lot of compound moves, my upper body would be short-changed by the lack of resistance. I may just have to try it w/ bands to see how it goes. I guess I can also go un-weighted for the lower body and perhaps tack a separate upper body workout on to it to round it out more.

Which, brings me to another question - anyone have some good suggestions on either books or DVDs that focus on strength training w/ resistance bands or tubing only? I know of a few off the top of my head, but I'm thinking that bands/tubing may be the way for me to go for now if I want to do more strength training that is not Pilates type. The ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Amy Bento's 10 Min Solution w/ the band and the one w/ the figure 8 band

I think the Firm's dangerous curves is just band work as is their sculpt-i-lates.

Turbo Jam's 3T is band/tubing work

I'm drawing a blank on the rest - of course, P90X can be done with just the bands so that remains on my radar! :) I also think that most of Tony Horton's workouts - P90 and the P90 Masters workouts can be done w/ just bands. Can Slim Series be done w/ just bands - I can't remember....

Anyone think of more? I'm also wondering how difficult it would be to " Translate " some dumbell workouts to bands........

Guess I should also mention my plans to the chiro...

Take care,

Donna -- Get Fit! Weight loss will follow