RemedySpot.com

My walks and very short bike ride on my Airdyne on Tuesday 1/01/08

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have Self magazine's yearly challenge from 2002 through 2007 (will be getting the one for this year too) and I decided that I wanted to do EVERY cardio workout for those years. The challenge has Self mag. readers doing their choosen cardio activity (walk, bike, run, swim) 3 to 4 times a week. They also do strength training, sometimes abs and some for of nutrition during the challenge. The challenge lasts for three months from March to May. For my first walk today I did Self mag. 2002 cardio workout 1 for week 1. This consisted of a warm up, walking on the treadmill (with two sprints during the workout) and then a cool down. I did that for 30 minutes. I also decided to start including some cross-training in my workouts since walking is going to be my main cardio. That's why I rode my Airdyne stationary bke (has handles to work the arms) for 2 minutes. Later on I did Debbie Dee's Powerbelt exercise video. I bought my powerbelt from walkers warehouse along with 3 exercise videotapes. The powerbelt has resistance cables that allow you to add 1 to 4 lbs of resistance (by holding the handles, swinging arms) to your workout. I believe I ordered it from www.walkerswarehouse.com if you would like to check that out. Jen