RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: OT Ed Psyche/ Celia

Rate this topic

Guest guest

That's interesting Celia, so how would I go about this whole process.

Visited a school today I would like for . Wonder if I could use JR as a bargaining tool, but if they say differentiated/modified curriculum can mean a classroom assistant and no more, then would they be within the law, and how would an independent psyche help us out with that?

Also would being part school part home affect our legal standing do you know?

The thing is having seen this other school I know mainstream can never meet 's needs and a lot of what they are doing there is not specified in his statement in any case.

I thought the best idea was to challenge school placement, but ofcourse that will mean tribunal again and all the costs that go with it.

Whilst waiting in reception to see headmaster today there was a very loud conversation going on between school secretary and another parent, apparently County are looking to close one of the special schools, amalgamate the other 2 which are SLD and everyone else into mainstream, so even if we were to go to JR what could we achieve with a County hellbent on saving money and to heck with childrens needs.

They want to do away with autism specific or anything specific and just have one main complex needs school, which is actually a whole lot worse for the children than what they currently have!

This would be over a time period that may go beyond 's education so I'm really anxious to squeeze him in whilst the school still exists.

They have been told to drop their intake to meet target of 70, down from 140!

Vicky