RemedySpot.com

Sunday Workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Here is a fried chicken recipe for you that is healthy.

Parmesan Fried Chicken

Boneless, skinless chicken breast tenders, frozen

Grated low fat Parmesan cheese (I actually use the fat free stuff if I can find it and it works just as well.)

Cooking spray

Spray pan and put over medium heat. Put chicken in the pan while it is still frozen. Sprinkle liberally with cheese. Turn and continue sprinkling with cheese until both sides are coated and browned.

It's fabulous, tastes like traditional fried chicken, and is virtually fat free. My family loves it, even my picky DH!

Tonya L. -www.smellabella.comwww.trainingwithtonya.com

Re: Sunday workout

how often do you guy eat out, Kathy? We've been eating out on Sat and Sun for years. Through the week I cook, but I never cook anything out of a box. Its usually chicken (barbecued, baked, marinated, fried), roast, round steak or some type of casserole or soup. I cook like my mother always did for us growing up.

DH is a real meat and potato kind of guy and there are things that I cook for him that I choose not to eat myself such as fried chicken, sausage gravy, you get the idea.

He has recently decided to try to change his eating habits so I've been cooking different and we've actually been eating the same things at dinner time instead of me having to make 2 different suppers. I have to admit, it would be nice to have to have piece of fried chicken that I prepared lol or even a big sausage sandwich. that would be just as good as eating out lol

~**~~**~

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.

I LOVE THIS! So easy and sounds delicious! Thank you Tonya!!

(who has frozen chicken and parm cheese and just figured out what is for dinner tomorrow)

how often do you guy eat out, Kathy? We've been eating out on Sat and Sun for years. Through the week I cook, but I never cook anything out of a box. Its usually chicken (barbecued, baked, marinated, fried), roast, round steak or some type of casserole or soup. I cook like my mother always did for us growing up.

DH is a real meat and potato kind of guy and there are things that I cook for him that I choose not to eat myself such as fried chicken, sausage gravy, you get the idea.

He has recently decided to try to change his eating habits so I've been cooking different and we've actually been eating the same things at dinner time instead of me having to make 2 different suppers. I have to admit, it would be nice to have to have piece of fried chicken that I prepared lol or even a big sausage sandwich. that would be just as good as eating out lol

~**~~**~

We eat out very rarely. Tonight was the first time we ate out in over a month. We do get pizza from time to time, but quite often I get pizza shells from a place called Sarcone's in South Philly (they have a newer deli near my work that gets the shells from the Philly bakery) and use fresh mozzerella and my own marina as topping. My hubby is half Italian so I typically make a lot of Italian dishes.

Kathy

~**~~**~

• 1 month later...

Wow! A Cathe step workout on an 8 inch step!!! I don't use any risers for the Wedding Workout and some other step workouts just because I can only go so long before I pass out with more than 1 set of risers under it!

Your weather sounds like ours. Windchill is -15 to -30... fun, fun.

Great workout , I'm really glad it was a challenge but doable and that your knees were good with it too!!

Sunday workout

Hi,

I got my cardio in this morning. I decided to pick one that I haven't done in a while so I went with Low Max. I did the cardio only premix. I figured since we got legs for tomorrow I wouldn't burn them out with doing the entire thing. Plus, I've never enjoyed doing this workout in its entirety, it just feels too long and drug out.

I felt pretty good this morning so I decided to use an 8 inch step instead of my 6 inch which is what I always use. I haven't done step aerobics on an 8 inch in a very long time. I figure if my knees start bothering me I'll know not to do that again. I also planned on dropping down to the 6 inch if they were starting to bother me while I was stepping. I am happy to say my knees felt fine and those extra risers made the workout more challenging, but still very doable.

This premix has always been on the easy side for me and even with the extra risers it still wasn't all that hard, but I still burned 384 calories so I'm happy with that. That won't make up for the Birthday cake and blue moon ice cream I'll be having today.

We got some nasty weather. Temps in the single digits and winds 25-35 mph. I hate it.

Have a nice Sunday!!!

~~

Who's never won? Biggest Grammy Award surprises of all time on AOL Music.

• 10 months later...

Yes, I did something. Well, a little something. I am still recovering from being sick after all. I did Rodney Yee's Yoga for Meditation. I think it is my favorite yoga practice of all the ones I have. It's very gentle. Anyone can do it, even someone who is sick or recovering from injury. I think the toughest pose is downward dog. So it wouldn't be for anyone who wants to get a good sweat or tough practice. But it is fabulous for those wanting to relax and just stretch. It's a typical Rodney with an outdoor setting and voice over instruction. Very artsy and reflective.

Tonya