RemedySpot.com

Re: Last two workouts...

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nice workouts! LOL, DH wont go near my Kbells. Just as well because his weightlifting form is a sometmes a bit scary. You know in our videos where the instructor demonstrates a move and says, " Don't do this. " ? That's what he does sometimes. He likes how he does it, though, so whatevs. :)

I never did post my workout for yesterday. I'm just glad I made it through yesterday..aye..aye..aye.. Anyway, I woke up a bit late so I didn't get my workout in in right away. Instead, I tried to do it about 8:00 when Kaysar was still sleeping. After all of Kathy's talk about the Exhale workouts, I decided to give one whirl, especially since they are supposed to be easy on the back. Well, I did the Exhale Body Sculpt one. I somehow skipped the first section, so started off with the legs, and thought it was an odd beginning with no warm-up or anything (I skipped the warm-up which was w/ the arms section). Anyway, I did enjoy the workout enough, and it was tough... Just not really my cup of tea. I would use it on occasion like when I don't want a heavy strength training day, but I can't see myelf using it regularly. I also don't like it when they do voice overs.. if that's even what you call it. There are two instructors demonstrating, and they are mute, while the workout is being narrated by them (if that makes any sense)..... Anyway, I made it through all the way to the end and was going to repeat the arm section when Bryar had his incident. By the time I realized my HRM was on, I was like at 90 minutes (the worout is 50 minutes), and I had burned 408 calories.. LOL, I probably burned 360 of thoe in the 40 minutes my monitor was still ticking when trying to handle the zipper situation... ;)

Today, I wanted a steady state step. I chose Cathe's Step Blast. Not quite a steady state workout, but close enough. I enjoyed it a lot, and felt like it was a good fit for today. Cardio does not bother my back at all and loosens it up a lot. It really seems to help. Anyway, I burned a bit over 600 calories (I can't remember the exact number), and my average was a surprising 150. I know the step blast kicked my butt. I kept up fine and did it all, but I was wiped out and loving every second of it :)

After my workout, I hauled a kettlebell upstairs and demonstrated a couple of things to my DH who has been showing interest again in exercising. I then popped in The Kettlebell Way, and he tried the tutorial. He had some pain in his groin in no time... He broke his pelvis ten years ago, and has whined ever since... Anyway, it's now a couple hours afterwards, and he is feeling some major DOMS already just from doing very little kettlebell work :) I wish I could talk him into it " full-time " ... I told him 20 minutes, 5 days a week...... I think he would see some huge benefits from that. Because he would be going from nothing to it.. His job is also very physical, but in a much different way.

Anyway, I am rambling...Hope everyone had nice weekends and your Monday is easy on you tomorrow as well...Darcy