RemedySpot.com

Re: Re: Cheryl/

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Guys,

Hope you weathered the storm okay! I had to laugh a bit, in the MD/DC/VA area (where I live), 4 inches of snow would be totally paralyzing. It isn't like we don't get snow here - but we don't get it as often as in other areas - but when we do it is a NIGHTMARE. The other night we had some rain - not freezing rain/not ice - and it took me 2 hours to go about 20 miles between home and work - isn't that nuts? When it snows, just double that - that is why many of us who are lucky enough to have jobs that allow telecommuting, etc. just don't go in when it is bad.

The housing market here is slow, but I'm guessing it is worse where you are. I'm really lucky that we sold our townhome when we did - although we paid more for hte house we're in now b/c it was right before the collapse - but we also sold our TH for more than we could have - so it all balances out.

Take care,

Donna

Subject: Re: Re: CherylTo: exercisevideos Date: Thursday, December 18, 2008, 9:45 PM

I hadn't thought about getting my laundry done!! Eeek, I'd better get started! I'm worried about losing power too. I'm supposed to be doing a WW at Work meeting at 7 AM but called and told them if we get dumped on like we're expecting I won't be there. DH said it might be only 4" at that time (since the storm is supposed to really hit around 4 AM) but with my luck it will be 6" or more by the time I get done! No thank you. They barely plow my road as is, I'm not taking any chances. I'm getting up at 5:30 just to see what is going on and if school is cancelled and if it is I'm going back to bed.

Even the thought of trying to sell a house in Michigan right now sends chills down my spine, Cheryl. I'm sure your stress is even higher with DH gone so much and those two wonderful but high energy young boys. Hang in there and let us know if you need encouragement (or just space to vent)!

Re: Cheryl

I replied but for some reason it was lost...thanks for the encouragement. We haven't moved yet, but my dh is down there working during the week and coming home on the weekend, so that is pretty stressful with 2 active boys (4 and 5.5 years old). The housing market is soooo bad here that we were advised by real estate agents to wait until the spring, which is fine because I want to wait until school is out to make the transition, it will be easier on everyone and will give the boys a chance to settle into new home, new routine, etc. We have a huge winter storm looming this way, where we are I think they are now saying over 8" of snow...so I've got a lot to get done and laundry, hopefully we won't lose electricity or I'll be up a creek without a paddle:)> >> > We'll be moving to OH, it will be less than 3 hours away, but much > > more of a rural type setting than I'm used to (live in > > northern 'burbs of Detroit).>

Hi Donna!

Thanks for thinking about us! You would probably be completely overwhelmed if you were here today. I'm pretty sure we got at least a foot of snow between 4 AM and noon! I canceled my At Work meeting. I could have gotten out at 6:30 but I would not have been able to have gotten back into my driveway by 8. Plus it was coming down so fast you could hardly see. Around 10 I wanted to get my newspaper, which is delivered to my front walk, but could barely open the front door because of the snow. I got it open but as much as I kicked around in the snow (which is very powdery, good for skiing but not snowmen) I could not find it. The kids took it as a mission (and an excuse to get out into the snow) and dug around themselves for a while. Finally, my son started shoveling the walk and found my paper! My friend whose husband plows us out just called to say he'll be by after 8 tonight because he had to work (also plowing, but for the county). Not a big deal, we're not in a hurry to go anywhere. The kids are watching a move in my exercise room so I'm putting things up on ebay and avoiding doing anything too terribly important that I could do (including working out).

Re: Cheryl

I replied but for some reason it was lost...thanks for the encouragement. We haven't moved yet, but my dh is down there working during the week and coming home on the weekend, so that is pretty stressful with 2 active boys (4 and 5.5 years old). The housing market is soooo bad here that we were advised by real estate agents to wait until the spring, which is fine because I want to wait until school is out to make the transition, it will be easier on everyone and will give the boys a chance to settle into new home, new routine, etc. We have a huge winter storm looming this way, where we are I think they are now saying over 8" of snow...so I've got a lot to get done and laundry, hopefully we won't lose electricity or I'll be up a creek without a paddle:)> >> > We'll be moving to OH, it will be less than 3 hours away, but much > > more of a rural type setting than I'm used to (live in > > northern 'burbs of Detroit).>