RemedySpot.com

RE: Senator Hass Meeting

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Senator Mark Hass is having informal monthly breakfast meetings in Aloha at the Peppertree REstaurant, and Vern asked me to attend.

I was able to go this am from 8 to 9:30 and presented and discussed the "Any Willing Provider" idea in regards to the closed MCO's for comp patients......as follows;

"The Workers’ Comp Division is complaining that injured workers are having trouble finding doctors that will treat work comp cases while at the same time the MCOs have severely restricted panels which makes no sense, we need an “any willing provider†law. Doctors on panel must follow the MCO rules and pre-certification process or they are out... so what is to be lost is baloney….." Vern

It was well received, and was actually relatively painless. The omelete was pretty good, too. There were only 11 people there, and the discussion was interesting. Lots of different issues and different ideas. He definitely got the message of "ANY WILLING PROVIDER", and it came at a time in the discussion about trying to pass sanctions and governmental systems that save money, that may actually do what they set out to do, and infringe on people's rights in the meantime.

Work Comp is not high on my radar screen, but it is the principle of the thing!!!

Don White, RN, DC

Guest guest

Thank you, Don. It's not high on the list for many of us but it IS high on the list for any of our patients that sustain an injury. Just had one of those a couple ofmonths ago with the patient literally being threatened with the loss of her job if she followed her intuition to come directly here. The job quickly saw the wisdom of backing down but it made for some uncomfortable weeks for that patient/employee. Thanks for your time. It was important for all of us. It takes all of us to keep all of us in practice. Join the OCA today. It takes all of us..... SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com To: vsaboe@...; oregondcs From: MekaAbou@...Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:25:42 -0400Subject: Re: Senator Hass Meeting

Senator Mark Hass is having informal monthly breakfast meetings in Aloha at the Peppertree REstaurant, and Vern asked me to attend.

I was able to go this am from 8 to 9:30 and presented and discussed the "Any Willing Provider" idea in regards to the closed MCO's for comp patients......as follows;

"The Workers’ Comp Division is complaining that injured workers are having trouble finding doctors that will treat work comp cases while at the same time the MCOs have severely restricted panels which makes no sense, we need an “any willing provider” law. Doctors on panel must follow the MCO rules and pre-certification process or they are out... so what is to be lost is baloney….." Vern

It was well received, and was actually relatively painless. The omelete was pretty good, too. There were only 11 people there, and the discussion was interesting. Lots of different issues and different ideas. He definitely got the message of "ANY WILLING PROVIDER", and it came at a time in the discussion about trying to pass sanctions and governmental systems that save money, that may actually do what they set out to do, and infringe on people's rights in the meantime.

Work Comp is not high on my radar screen, but it is the principle of the thing!!!

Don White, RN, DC

Guest guest

Again as I said in my private email to you Dr. White thank you for stepping up….I would counter as I did in my private email to you but that which I think all colleagues need to read as per the reason workers comp isn’t high on the radar screens of many if not most chiropractic colleagues around that state. The reason? Because we are not high on the radar screen of workers comp we have been restricted and limited we simply don’t see many workers comp cases because of all the anti-worker activity over the years. The reality is injured workers are not gaining proper treatment or handling of their claims in the current system and the OCA is changing that as your only state association we are not going to continue to sit in the back of the work comp bus while injured workers get trashed….we are the best trained to treat musculoskeletal injuries in work comp not the least of which are the many lower back injuries yet we are restricted and injured workers unlawfully “steered” away from our services. This with the new Oregon State Evidence-based Low Back Pain guidelines recommend only spinal manipulation for the first four weeks of an acute episode of lower back pain!!! There is a little disconnect there and the OCA is actively pushing and mandating and will change the system injured workers deserve better and we are going to make sure they get it!!! Vern Saboe From: Sunny Kierstyn Sent: Saturday, April 14, 2012 11:08 AMTo: mekaabou@...; Vern Saboe; oregondcsSubject: RE: Senator Hass Meeting Thank you, Don. It's not high on the list for many of us but it IS high on the list for any of our patients that sustain an injury. Just had one of those a couple ofmonths ago with the patient literally being threatened with the loss of her job if she followed her intuition to come directly here. The job quickly saw the wisdom of backing down but it made for some uncomfortable weeks for that patient/employee. Thanks for your time. It was important for all of us. It takes all of us to keep all of us in practice. Join the OCA today. It takes all of us..... SunnySunny Kierstyn, RN DC Fibromyalgia Care Center of Oregon 2677 Willakenzie Road, 7CEugene, Oregon, 97401541- 654-0850; Fx; 541- 654-0834www.drsunnykierstyn.com To: vsaboe@...; oregondcs From: MekaAbou@...Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2012 13:25:42 -0400Subject: Re: Senator Hass Meeting Senator Mark Hass is having informal monthly breakfast meetings in Aloha at the Peppertree REstaurant, and Vern asked me to attend. I was able to go this am from 8 to 9:30 and presented and discussed the " Any Willing Provider " idea in regards to the closed MCO's for comp patients......as follows; " The Workers’ Comp Division is complaining that injured workers are having trouble finding doctors that will treat work comp cases while at the same time the MCOs have severely restricted panels which makes no sense, we need an “any willing provider” law. Doctors on panel must follow the MCO rules and pre-certification process or they are out... so what is to be lost is baloney….. " Vern It was well received, and was actually relatively painless. The omelete was pretty good, too. There were only 11 people there, and the discussion was interesting. Lots of different issues and different ideas. He definitely got the message of " ANY WILLING PROVIDER " , and it came at a time in the discussion about trying to pass sanctions and governmental systems that save money, that may actually do what they set out to do, and infringe on people's rights in the meantime. Work Comp is not high on my radar screen, but it is the principle of the thing!!! Don White, RN, DC