RemedySpot.com

Tuesday: Back to P90 & Yoga for Energy

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I finally got a real workout in again after nursing a sore knee for a couple of days then celebrating my birthday (it was Saturday but we had "festivities" all weekend). Yesterday I was all set to workout but got distracted by cleaning my house. I was even scrubbing walls (which I never do and could tell). I cleaned for over 3 hours and it wasn't a pig sty or anything but I just kept finding more things I could do and by the time I was done it felt so much more comfortable being here (did all the things I've been putting off but keep looking at) so that was a good workout in itself! :-) Today though was back to work, literally, I have to leave in a little while, and that seems to pull me back into my regular routine. I decided to pick up with P90 Circuit Sculpt 3-4 since it is a Tuesday and my new thing is MWF for cardio, TTHS for strength and Sunday for rest/stretching. My back was a tiny bit sore from pushing a WAY too heavy cart around Costco yesterday (was shopping with my best friend and we loaded up one cart, which I pushed since she has a bad back, she could have pushed her own though and will next time!) but was fine once I loosened up a bit. I was able to use heavy weights (mostly 10 and 8s). I had to use a 5 on the left side for tricep back scratches but could go up to 8 on the right side. I figure as long as I work each side at the weight it is able to do they'll even out! Did better on the pushups today. Lost count for sure on how many I did but it was a lot (all on my knees except the decline ones with feet on the chair at the beginning). Definitely strengthening there. I like this workout I've decided. Tony doesn't do much for stretching though and I had extra time so I also did the Awakening practice from Rodney Yee's Yoga for Energy VHS tape. I LOVE this practice. Helps me stretch so nicely, especially the lower body and just makes me feel so peaceful and ready for whatever lies ahead.

I still want to try Sweat Cardio 3-4 but won't have time until at least Friday for that. Wednesday will either be Sweat Cardio 1-2 or I might substitute a walking workout I got from netflix just to try it out. It is shorter than 3-4 and around the same time as 1-2 so it might work. Will decide when I get there.

Okay, gotta finish a few things around here then head out! I hope everyone has good workouts. I've been reading some and then hitting delete because I'm way behind again but even when I don't reply I'm really enjoying the discussions and am inspired by everyone's workouts!