RemedySpot.com

Monday - Walking and Stretch

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

Today I broke a personal record on the TM - I did 5 miles! That is the most I've walked/run on the TM. I did it in about 60 minutes. I was going to quit at 4 miles, but figured I'd go one more since I didn't workout over the weekend (houseguests and too much to do!) I did a run/walk combo - after the 1st mile I alternated jogging a half mile and walking a half mile. THe last mile I jogged 1/4 mile and walked 3/4 to cool down.

Afterwards, I was a bit short on time and didn't have time to do what I planned (30 min of classical stretch) so I just did the standing portion of the Classical Stretch Express Workout (Standing/Floor work) - that clocked in at 15 minutes and worked nicely on stretching out my back ahd hips. I also did my "regular" floor stretches as well for my back, hamstring, hips, etc. CS is really helping. My back was still a bit tight today, but nothing very unusual or bad. I'm on my 3rd office chair in two weeks. We'll see how this goes. My chiro advised against the stability ball as a chair - he basically said you can still sit improperly on them (and i suppose that is true). He did recommend fish oil though (I had asked b/c someone mentioned it to me). He said it would help w/ inflammation - so I think I'll look into that.

Tomorrow I plan to do a longer Pilates session - not 100% sure what. I tend to stick w/ the 10 Minute Solution workouts b/c they hit all areas - upper, lower and abs. But I may try one of Kries's workouts also- if i blend a few of her DVDs I can hit those areas as well.

Hope everyone has a good start to the week! :)

Donna