RemedySpot.com

Sorry, many mistakes before sending, now corrected

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

This is really irritating to hear this and to hear that the principle and those in charge are children themselves. Personally, I would get involved and contact the parents to talk about this. If they are ready to do something as well, then I would write to as many authority figures around this school and CC all of them all, so they all knew they all got it. This way they are going to have to do something about it and take action on THIS LACK OF ACTION FROM THE PRINCIPLE. Then I would talk to the parents about sending one of these letters to the newspaper (about this school) as one of the CC as well describing everything you have said here and more. SEE it this opens some eyes and ears. This brat of a kid REALLY needs a talking to by the police department to put

a real scare into him... meaning a call to them as well, after all the letters go out and you see who responds. Then, I would send another stating who responded and who did not, just to point out how those that ignore this letter are just as responsible, as those that did respond... I would shame those that did not respond... This would probably all be done by the parents and orchestrated by yourself. ABUSE is not by just parents and it is everyone's obligation to get involved and turn this over to the same people that we would do so if it were a parent throwing there child to the floor injuring them. That is my two cents, now I need to cool off.

Doc Wiese

Eagle Point

Subject: question regarding students injured from bullying at school during school hours.To: oregondcs Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 12:06 PM

Hi All,

Have any of you ever treated a patient who's been bullied? In this case it's a middle school student (12 yr old male) who was injured at school during school hours in a bullying incident. The student was hurrying to class across a gym floor when a larger, older student (commonly known as a bully) came up from behind and pushed the smaller, younger student hard enough to knock him to his knees. The bully yelled, "NO Running!" and laughed as the patient fell.The 12 yr old skidded across the gym floor on his knees taking most of the skin off one knee and hurting his entire spine. The student states he couldn't get up for a few moments after the incident. He began shaking/trembling and his legs felt so weak he had to roll onto his side and lay there. ANother kid had an ipod and videoed the scene immed after the episode. Unfortunately not capturing the push and fall. The boy was afraid to go to teachers. He'd reported daily

bullying to them and had experienced worse bullying. The teachers simply told the kids who pushed him into lockers daily, (kind of a sucker punch into the back, unanticipated, knocking him into lockers every day) "Knock it off." however, this prompted the bullys to escalate their punishment.

When I called the school to get information on insurance coverage, the principal told me her explanation was that the kids were 'joking around'. She said the kid who was injured needed to learn to advocate for himself better and come forward to authorities if he wanted help with the bullying. I asked the principal for an incident report and she said she'd have to get me one. It was her last day today. SHe was off for the summer. And she's an interium principal. She also said "he never even came to the office and reported it to me when it happened." When I questioned her further, she admitted it was the end of the school day and the boy did go home and tell his parents, who immediately called her. Still, she said, "If he expects help, he needs to learn to advocate for himself." She made this statement at least 3 times. I finally told her that it seemed normal for young kids to go to their parents when they're afraid to come to teachers

or administration when they've been bullied without assistance in the past.

Any advice from anyone on the list would help. The principal refused to give me anyinsurnce info cause she said, 'It wouldn't cover it." I finally got her to give me a business person's name and number.

Minga Guerrero DCabowoman@...

Guest guest

Hi Minga

Good reporting. It sounds like it might be a police or legal matter as well as a psychologist involvement

Elliott

To: oregondcs Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2012 1:03 PMSubject: Sorry, many mistakes before sending, now corrected

This is really irritating to hear this and to hear that the principle and those in charge are children themselves. Personally, I would get involved and contact the parents to talk about this. If they are ready to do something as well, then I would write to as many authority figures around this school and CC all of them all, so they all knew they all got it. This way they are going to have to do something about it and take action on THIS LACK OF ACTION FROM THE PRINCIPLE. Then I would talk to the parents about sending one of these letters to the newspaper (about this school) as one of the CC as well describing everything you have said here and more. SEE it this opens some eyes and ears. This brat of a kid REALLY needs a talking to by the police department to put a real scare into him... meaning a call to them as well, after all the letters

go out and you see who responds. Then, I would send another stating who responded and who did not, just to point out how those that ignore this letter are just as responsible, as those that did respond... I would shame those that did not respond... This would probably all be done by the parents and orchestrated by yourself. ABUSE is not by just parents and it is everyone's obligation to get involved and turn this over to the same people that we would do so if it were a parent throwing there child to the floor injuring them. That is my two cents, now I need to cool off.

Doc Wiese

Eagle Point

Subject: question regarding students injured from bullying at school during school hours.To: oregondcs Date: Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 12:06 PM

Hi All,

Have any of you ever treated a patient who's been bullied? In this case it's a middle school student (12 yr old male) who was injured at school during school hours in a bullying incident. The student was hurrying to class across a gym floor when a larger, older student (commonly known as a bully) came up from behind and pushed the smaller, younger student hard enough to knock him to his knees. The bully yelled, "NO Running!" and laughed as the patient fell.The 12 yr old skidded across the gym floor on his knees taking most of the skin off one knee and hurting his entire spine. The student states he couldn't get up for a few moments after the incident. He began shaking/trembling and his legs felt so weak he had to roll onto his side and lay there. ANother kid had an ipod and videoed the scene immed after the episode. Unfortunately not capturing the push and fall. The boy was afraid to go to teachers. He'd reported daily

bullying to them and had experienced worse bullying. The teachers simply told the kids who pushed him into lockers daily, (kind of a sucker punch into the back, unanticipated, knocking him into lockers every day) "Knock it off." however, this prompted the bullys to escalate their punishment.

When I called the school to get information on insurance coverage, the principal told me her explanation was that the kids were 'joking around'. She said the kid who was injured needed to learn to advocate for himself better and come forward to authorities if he wanted help with the bullying. I asked the principal for an incident report and she said she'd have to get me one. It was her last day today. SHe was off for the summer. And she's an interium principal. She also said "he never even came to the office and reported it to me when it happened." When I questioned her further, she admitted it was the end of the school day and the boy did go home and tell his parents, who immediately called her. Still, she said, "If he expects help, he needs to learn to advocate for himself." She made this statement at least 3 times. I finally told her that it seemed normal for young kids to go to their parents when they're afraid to come to teachers

or administration when they've been bullied without assistance in the past.

Any advice from anyone on the list would help. The principal refused to give me anyinsurnce info cause she said, 'It wouldn't cover it." I finally got her to give me a business person's name and number.

Minga Guerrero DCabowoman@...