RemedySpot.com

Friday - Classical Stretch/Saturday - Cardio Coach/Pilates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

HI Everyone,

Surprises of surprises, I actually did Classical Stretch last night! I did the new-to-me Classical Stretch, Full Body Workout Volume 2. Miranda is more "polished" in this one - there was not even ONE comment about Schmink cosmetics! :) The workout itself was pretty much what you'd expect from classical stretch - standing stretches, some toning exercises, some t'ai chi-ish movements - very flowing. I really like it (especially the outdoor location) and the stretches seemed to really open up my muscles and loosen things up. The upper body in particular. I was a bit concerned about her use of a "C" curve in the spine for some of the stretches, and I proceeded there w/ caution - but it didn't bother my back the way an isolated pelvic tuck does (in this one, as opposed to a pelvic tuck for barre type work, you curve your entire back into a "C" shape - like you would in doing the Pilates "rolling like a

ball"). I am cautious w/ doing those movements though as I want to protect the integrity of my spine. But, what I did didn't bother me and the stretches for the glutes, hips and hamstrings were great. THis one has a 30 min standing workout and a 30 minute floor workout. You can do the whole thing or just one segment. Glad I made this trade!This morning, I finally broke out my Cardio Coach CDs (thanks Carolyn!) I did Volume 1 w/ Coach which is a 35 minute interval routine. I definately found it motivating and it made the TM more fun. I think to get the most out of CC, I will need to invest in a heart rate monitor. I attempted to do the intervals based on perceived exertion - but I admit that I probably baby myself too much when doing perceived exertion. I also don't want to put any stress on my back - so I do think I hold back for that (good) reason as well. Still, I think I'm

going to look for an inexpensive HRM. I don't care about the calorie burn or anything like that - just want a quick and easy way to get my HR. I can do the calculations (75%, 80%, of max, manually and just post them on my TM somewhere). What i like about CC is that it is totally customizable to your fitness level and any limitiations you may have. I can definately work with this one by adjusting speed and not incline on the TM (so many "programs" have you play w/ incline and walking up hill hurts my back) - I think getting a HRM would make it even better. I also may do one of these using the stationary bike - although long periods of sitting on the bike hurt my back, too. That is usually why I keep my bike sessions to 15 or 20 minutes.

After CC I did Ana Caban's Pilates -using the 1 lb weighted ball. It was a pretty good workout - the ball - although light did add an element of resistance to some of the exercises. I always enjoy Ana's Pilates workouts, though, so I'm biased!

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm glad I got a workout in this morning! I plan to do one tomorrow as well. Not sure if it will be a TM, Bike, or Charlene P. day.

Take care,

Donna