RemedySpot.com

Snow shoveling workout

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I had on my heart rate monitor because I was planning, all day, to work out and just never did get downstairs. I did finally get my butt off my couch though and shoveled the front walk, porch, back porch and part of the back patio. Just 20 minutes of shoveling and I burned over 100 calories! The guy who plows our driveway was supposed to come tonight but his truck broke down and he needs to fix it tomorrow so who knows when he is coming. If I need some fresh air tomorrow (and a break from being with the family 24/7) I'm heading outside to shovel some of that foot of snow on our long driveway (which is why I haven't already started on it, not with that much snow anyway)!

So, I didn't do a video workout but shoveling felt good. It wasn't too cold (20s) and it was peaceful. I didn't do it long enough to get tired, just energized. This evening I started painting some sweatshirts for the kids for Christmas, just have to finish them tomorrow. We're going to bake cookies too while we wait for our pal with the plow.