RemedySpot.com

Friday Post Xmas check in

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

whew! What a busy few days. I can't remember the last time I posted - maybe Tuesday? Anyway, on Wed (Xmas eve) I did 's new 5 mile walk - the one that is faster paced 12 min miles. I liked it - there were only two miles (the first and last) w/ walking solo. The middle 3 miles had her walking w/ a cast of walkers (which I like better, I have actually come to enjoy 's chatter!) The workouts are all structured so that you walk at a slightly slower pace for the first half of the mile,you then pick it up for the second half, and then for the last 2 minutes you do some jogging. It was pretty good workout, but I still think 4 Big Miles is my favorite b/c I like all the variety in the different miles. This one can be done one mile at a time, so it is great for variety, add-ons.

I took Christmas day off from working out. My back wasn't happy with me all day on Xmas. I think it was a combo of over-doing the cleaning, baking, cooking, present-wrapping combined with inactivity on Xmas day. Not getting exercise is bad for my back and knowing this is a good motivator for me to keep at it. with that in mind, today I broke a personal record on the TM - I walked for 5.5 miles. I walked with Freytag's CD from the Prevention Walking Workout that she did. It was a library borrow and I need to return it tomorrow. I covered the 5.5 miles in around 70-75 minutes. The CD is structured with a warm-up, a steady state walk for beginners (slower paced) a steady state walk for more advanced walkers (faster paced), an interval walk for beginners (slower paced), an interval walk fro more advanced walkers (faster paced) and a pyramid walk (which I didn't get to do b/c of time), and a

cool down walk. For the interval walks, alternates 3 or so minutes of moderate paced walking w/ one minute of faster paced walking. What is nice, is you can choose your level of exertion, you can pick which workout you want to do (by skipping around on the CD) . doesn't comment much, just some encouragement and form tips here and there. The music is instrumental and seems to go pretty welll w/ the pace of the walks. It is a bit repetitive at times, but not bad. Tomorrow I hope to do the warm-up, pyramid walk and cool down (before doing a Pilates or Classical Stretch session). My back felt much better after my walk - much looser although there is still a knot or two in there. Anyway, I would consider getting this CD/DVD by Chris. I'll have to see if there are any good prices or trades out there for it.

Anyway, hope everyone who celebrated yesterday had a great day and that you're enjoying today!Take care,

Donna