RemedySpot.com

Monday - /Pilates

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Everyone,

My back is coming around - yay! Still a bit tight in spots, but I'm scheduled for 3 days in a row w/ the chiro this week (his office is closed after Wed for the holiday) so hopefully that (and "Smart" exercise/posture/activity on my part)! will help.

Anyway, this morning I did 's 3 Mile Power Walk - this is the one where Kay leads the fast mile in the middle. A good one, but I find slows down the last mile too much too soon. Oh well. The idea was to move. After that I did AM Pilates w/ Jillian Hessel (sp?) I can tell my back is improved b/c last week when I tried this one I had to quit on it b/c it hurt so much - but today I made it through! It is a gentler Pilates workout - focuses quite a bit on stretching/posture/alignment along w/ some strengthening as well

Tomorrow, not sure what is up - planning to do a longer Pilates session and perhaps a shorter cardio session. On Wed, I think I'd like to give the new 5 Mile workout a try to help burn off some calories for our Xmas eve dinner (My mom always makes her lasagna which has about 5 lbs of cheese in it)

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day. I actually made it through the Xmas season w/ minimal stress and relatively w/in budget - I went over a bit but not too badly. I certainly did spend less than I have in previous years and I loved shopping on-line - way less stressful (and less impulse purchasing too) The times when I went over budget were times when I had to stop in the store to get something "quick" (like cards or gift bags or gift certificates) I think I may stock up on that stuff next week at the after-Xmas sales (cards, bags, wrapping paper).

Take care!Donna

Good for you on not going overboard Donna. One of this years, I will learn. I go so overboard with my boys..UGH... It's so hard not to when you find good deals and you know they'd love them!!!Glad to hear your back is on the mend. Mine is actually feeling pretty good right now. Watch it be 100% tomorrow. I'll eat my words! LOL..

The chiropractor said that exercise was fine for me as long as I kept the weights close to my body.... He said plyometrics are bad for it, as well as kickboxing. But, he was fine that I was exercising and, in fact, asked if I had my workout in for today. When I told him yes, he said good because he wanted it to be " left alone " for this adjustment to take affect.....

And as for a diagnose, he didn't say much that my spine was a bit off due to the muscle imbalance, I guess. My muscles are inflamed too. He didn't say too much about it. If I'm feeling a lot better tomorrow, I may try to give it another go

Darcy

Hi Everyone,

My back is coming around - yay! Still a bit tight in spots, but I'm scheduled for 3 days in a row w/ the chiro this week (his office is closed after Wed for the holiday) so hopefully that (and " Smart " exercise/posture/activity on my part)! will help.

Anyway, this morning I did 's 3 Mile Power Walk - this is the one where Kay leads the fast mile in the middle. A good one, but I find slows down the last mile too much too soon. Oh well. The idea was to move. After that I did AM Pilates w/ Jillian Hessel (sp?) I can tell my back is improved b/c last week when I tried this one I had to quit on it b/c it hurt so much - but today I made it through! It is a gentler Pilates workout - focuses quite a bit on stretching/posture/alignment along w/ some strengthening as well

Tomorrow, not sure what is up - planning to do a longer Pilates session and perhaps a shorter cardio session. On Wed, I think I'd like to give the new 5 Mile workout a try to help burn off some calories for our Xmas eve dinner (My mom always makes her lasagna which has about 5 lbs of cheese in it)

Anyway, hope everyone has a wonderful day. I actually made it through the Xmas season w/ minimal stress and relatively w/in budget - I went over a bit but not too badly. I certainly did spend less than I have in previous years and I loved shopping on-line - way less stressful (and less impulse purchasing too) The times when I went over budget were times when I had to stop in the store to get something " quick " (like cards or gift bags or gift certificates) I think I may stock up on that stuff next week at the after-Xmas sales (cards, bags, wrapping paper).

Take care!Donna