RemedySpot.com

Darcy - Chiropractor

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi again, Darcy!

I really recommend seing a chiro - it has made a big difference in my back - and even though there is still a way to go (probably several more months, if not a year - he gave me an estimate of one month for each year you have been messed up - well, my back troubles started in college - so I'm going on 20 years - they have gotten significantly worse over the last 5 years so hoping for something significant in the next two months!!!) there is much improvement and relief. Also, it is an educational experience, I'm slowly beginining to accept that I may be changing up my exercise routines permanently. My chiro asked me to put together a list of exercises I would like to do and he'll go over it w/ me to see what is good/bad/possible. It has really opened my eyes to the many "flaws" in exercise DVDs for those of us who have weaknesses in one area or another. I am a little sad that there may be some things that I like to do

that I can probably not do safely, even down the road in my recovery, but it sure beats this constant cycle of injury/recovery. Exercise is supposed to make us healthier not hurt! And, there are lots of options that can be done safely.

I have to say, from the first visit, I experienced a remarkable decrease in pain/discomfort and if I would stop hurting myself (some of it is beyond my control - like a desk job that requires lots of sitting/computer use) I think I'd make some good progress!

Let me know if you decide to go and what they day. The down-side is the time committment which is hard w/ kids (while my appointments are only 15-20 minutes, I go in 3X per week). While I wish I went earlier in the game, I really couldn't see carving out the time until this year when was in school full time.

Take care!Donna